Birkie Wave Size

Old March 2nd 04, 09:04 PM
Sly D. Skeez

Default Birkie Wave Size

Does anyone know the size of the Birkie waves? I'm trying to get a
feel if Wave 1 is bigger than the other waves.

Thanks,

Jay Wenner
Old March 3rd 04, 02:03 AM
revyakin

I had the impression that it's 500 people per wave, but one can always
dump the Birkie result roster into a parser like Excel and get the #
per wave based on bib #s.

Old March 3rd 04, 01:06 PM
Dave Kiely

itiming.com has a pdf file that shows results listed by bib number. You
could do a quick count to see how many are in each. Quick look puts wave 1
around 560 (guessing that bib #251 is the first non-elite skier), wave 2 has
about 620. Didn't look any further or go through and eliminate numbers that
didn't race or finish.

Dave

"Sly D. Skeez" wrote in message
om...
(revyakin) wrote in message

. com...
I had the impression that it's 500 people per wave, but one can always
dump the Birkie result roster into a parser like Excel and get the #
per wave based on bib #s.

...and how do you load a pdf into Excel? (Grin). I don't have an
optical character reader.

Jay Wenner

Old March 3rd 04, 01:25 PM
Nevalainen, Eric

..and how do you load a pdf into Excel? (Grin). I don't have an
optical character reader.

Try a "text select", copy and paste the data into a plain text file, and
then import into excel...depending on how the data is delineated, that
SHOULD work. You may have to play with it a bit.

e.