Opinions on Goggles

Old January 17th 05, 08:18 AM
Ace

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:44:16 +0000, Ian Blake
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 20:23:55 +0000, Brien wrote:

Any tips on good goggles? I really liked my old Cebe ones, they just
don't seem to have stored very well.

A lot of people buy new goggles. If you like your Cebe just buy a replacement
lens. Much cheaper. Your local shop may not stock lens but if the googles are
not long obsolete you will be able to order them.

IME by the time I want to replace lenses the goggle's _always_
obsolete. I tend to continue using them even once they're scratched to
buggery - not a cost thing, more that I just never get round to
replacing them.

My last pair (of Cébés) was finally replaced last season thinks
probably 9 seasons after they were first bought :-! They'd lost all of
their coating, which had started out luminous blue but had scratched
so much and become so unstable that I rubbed it all off, down to a
slightly grey lens. In that time they were probably actually used on
something like 50-100 days, plus kicking around in my rucksack for
maybe another 200, so it was hardly surprising.

I replaced them with some more Cébés, not through any brand loyaly but
just because the shop in Soldeu had them and they fitted nicely. So
much more comfortable, and with a nice grey tint, that I tend to wear
them much more frequently than the old ones.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 18th 05, 12:30 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Brien :
I got my goggles from last season out for packing and noticed a horrible
red streak across them. They seemed ruined so I attempted to take the
mark off, now they're really ready for the bin so I need new ones.

Any tips on good goggles? I really liked my old Cebe ones, they just
don't seem to have stored very well.

I use Cebe. They're excellent and in Switzerland (where I bought them a few
years ago) they still seem cheap at around GBP20. Just replace them with
another pair.

Adrian

--
Adrian Shaw ais@