Coming to the Snow Play Area Near You!

Old November 29th 04, 12:53 PM
pigo

Default Coming to the Snow Play Area Near You!

I saw something on the Travel Channel that might make 1/2 pipes useful. It's
an "air-sled". It has a bottom a bit like that of an inflateable boat, it
does get blown up with air, and it has little rails on the sides that enable
you to "steer" (at least as well as a snowboard anyway). I think it was
about 8" tall and 3' long.

Please, Please, Please..................I hope that these soon become
acceptable in 1/2 pipes and all snowplay areas that allow snowboards. Ride
the earth...right? Or do you think that snowboarders would have some reason
not to allow them at "their" areas?

Discuss?

Old November 29th 04, 04:47 PM
nic in la tania

a mate of mine had one a couple of seasons ago , bloody fast !!

--
Cheers
Nic & Karen

Old November 29th 04, 04:52 PM
A. B. Normal

"pigo" wrote in
:

I saw something on the Travel Channel that might make 1/2 pipes
useful. It's an "air-sled". It has a bottom a bit like that of an
inflateable boat, it does get blown up with air, and it has little
rails on the sides that enable you to "steer" (at least as well as a
snowboard anyway). I think it was about 8" tall and 3' long.

Please, Please, Please..................I hope that these soon become
acceptable in 1/2 pipes and all snowplay areas that allow snowboards.
Ride the earth...right? Or do you think that snowboarders would have
some reason not to allow them at "their" areas?

Discuss?

I say we just dig a pit at the end of the 1/2 pipe and let the boarders
fall in. When it fills up, cover them over and dig a new one just below.

The concept is like that of a roach motel. Boarders go in but they can't
get out. It cleanses the entire mountain quite nicely.

Discuss?
Old November 29th 04, 06:58 PM
nic in la tania

A B NORMAL ??? shame on you just cos its r.s.a no need to be a ****

--
Cheers
Nic & Karen
www.accommodationinthealps.co.uk
0033479082376
"A. B. Normal" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"pigo" wrote in
:

Old November 29th 04, 09:07 PM
Larry Marino

I wonder where the industry would be if we didn't have the income from the
lift ticket sales, rentals and lessons that we've gotten from the snow
boarders... How many more of our mountain playgounds would have gone belly
up? I ski but have at least tried boarding. In fact, I'll probably take a
few more lessons before I decide if I really like it or not. Of course,
I'll never give up playing on two boards. I enjoy PSIA events too much for
that.

"nic in la tania" wrote in message
A B NORMAL ??? shame on you just cos its r.s.a no need to be a ****

--
Cheers
Nic & Karen
www.accommodationinthealps.co.uk
0033479082376
"A. B. Normal" wrote in message
. 1.4...
"pigo" wrote in
:

Old November 29th 04, 09:16 PM
Lisa Horton

Larry Marino wrote:

I wonder where the industry would be if we didn't have the income from the
lift ticket sales, rentals and lessons that we've gotten from the snow
boarders... How many more of our mountain playgounds would have gone belly
up? I ski but have at least tried boarding. In fact, I'll probably take a
few more lessons before I decide if I really like it or not. Of course,
I'll never give up playing on two boards. I enjoy PSIA events too much for
that.

Given a choice between boarders and all the current ski areas, and no
boarders with some smaller number of ski areas, I'll take the boarders.

Lisa
Old November 29th 04, 11:01 PM
Harry Weiner

On 29 Nov 2004 17:52:23 GMT, "A. B. Normal"
wrote this crap:

I say we just dig a pit at the end of the 1/2 pipe and let the boarders
fall in. When it fills up, cover them over and dig a new one just below.

The concept is like that of a roach motel. Boarders go in but they can't
get out. It cleanses the entire mountain quite nicely.

Discuss?

You should get the Nobel Prize for this invention.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old November 29th 04, 11:04 PM
Harry Weiner

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:07:14 GMT, "Larry Marino"
wrote this crap:

I wonder where the industry would be if we didn't have the income from the
lift ticket sales, rentals and lessons that we've gotten from the snow
boarders...

They'd probably be doing better. Boarders scare of the real skiers.
They don't spend as much for rentals or lessons. They don't spend as
much on food. And most are too young to patronize the bars.

Old November 29th 04, 11:21 PM
pigo

"nic in la tania" wrote in message
A B NORMAL ??? shame on you just cos its r.s.a no need to be a ****

Not that his reply was relevant, but he was right.

Are you 4? Just curious because you spell like it.

Old November 29th 04, 11:22 PM
pigo

"Larry Marino" wrote in message
I wonder where the industry would be if we didn't have the income from the
lift ticket sales, rentals and lessons that we've gotten from the snow
boarders... How many more of our mountain playgounds would have gone
belly
up? I ski but have at least tried boarding. In fact, I'll probably take
few more lessons before I decide if I really like it or not. Of course,
I'll never give up playing on two boards. I enjoy PSIA events too much
for
that.

They'd be fine. I only go to ones that don't allow them.

psia? bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha