Death by Snowboarder

Old March 2nd 05, 09:43 PM
root

Default Death by Snowboarder

I am asuming that resorts that don't allow snowboarders do so for this
exact reason. People are not sick of snowboarders, but the vast imaturity
that comes along with them. That being said, and being a snowboarder I
completely understand. I know the type.

Something needs to be done. There needs to be more agressive ski patrol
and riders under 18 need to be acomplated by an adult before buying a lift
ticket (I know they can get them other places).

Parents droping their 16 & 17 group of friends off to board recklessly
is something that has to stop. Then maybe the sterotype will disolve.

Comments welcome.

Old March 3rd 05, 05:38 PM
jaycb74

Really? I thought it was presented ok, not troll-like. I actually kinda
agree with this guy. I see far too many idiots on the slopes and most tend
to be young boarders. I don't worry so much about myself but my wife does
like to just take her time and cruise along and these idiots have almost
taken her out one too many times. I put her in a helmet this year just b/c
of this, not b/c I thought she may hurt herself.

And while I'm bitching...last week this idiot boarder tries to start a fight
in the line with a skier. The skier was just minding his own business next
to the lines, this guy comes in fast, hard and reckless, eats **** and then
starts to give the skier **** for being in the way. Unstraps his board and
proceeds to challenge the guy to a fight. This poor skier is just like WTF?
Where is ski patrol when you need them? This guy should have had his lift
ticket pulled and been banished. I wanted to knock him out myself but there
was about 2 feet of fresh powder...who has time for that crap?

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:43:43 GMT, root said (and I quote):
Comments welcome.

Most poorly disguised troll EVAR!
--
What was I thinking?

Old March 3rd 05, 05:56 PM
Waco Paco

root wrote:

I am asuming that resorts that don't allow snowboarders do so for this
exact reason. People are not sick of snowboarders, but the vast imaturity
that comes along with them. That being said, and being a snowboarder I
completely understand. I know the type.

Something needs to be done. There needs to be more agressive ski patrol
and riders under 18 need to be acomplated by an adult before buying a lift
ticket (I know they can get them other places).

Parents droping their 16 & 17 group of friends off to board recklessly
is something that has to stop. Then maybe the sterotype will disolve.

Comments welcome.

Trying to sound constructive.... but failed.

Your post boils down to: "Those ******* teenagers are outta control!
Gotta put a leash on them!"

I think if you said that you applaud those on snowboards that do good
things on the mountain, you'll sound less like a troll.
Old March 3rd 05, 06:43 PM
Bob

"Baka Dasai" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:43:43 GMT, root said (and I quote):
Comments welcome.

Most poorly disguised troll EVAR!
--
What was I thinking?

For some reason, this clown copied this over from a thread in
rec.skiing.alpine, where this kind of thing is routine.

Bob

Old March 4th 05, 08:00 AM
Switters

People also have been killed by skiers.

And snowmobiles.

And avalanches.

And stupidity.

And pure accidents.

The mountains are dangerous.

Kids are kids... some of them are real butt heads, no matter what their
mode of transport.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/ - Snowboarding the worlds pow pow -
Securing your e-mail

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://rssFAQ.org/
Old March 4th 05, 12:47 PM
L H

LH says just another reason to develop "Snowboarder Only" resorts. Move
some of the Snowboarders out of the way for serious or not-so- serious
Skiers.

Skiers.............just think............not a Snowboarder in sight
today, 3/4/05. How glorious can it be ? What say you ?

Please try not to take the above toooooo seriously !

Old March 4th 05, 03:24 PM
Jay

Having been hit from behind twice last weekend, once by a guy on a snowboard
and once from a woman on skis, both of them in their 30s or 40s I'd say
teenager boarders are the least of my worries on the slope. At least they
have some ability and don't let themselves get out of control.

Jay.

om...

Old March 4th 05, 05:15 PM
jaycb74

agreed. It is a generalization but I do think it has some truth to it. The
young teens are mostly snowboarders and they tend to be reckless... I've
been boarding for 12 years so I'm not against boarders, just idiots.