Dealing with Forest tracks

Old February 12th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Neil Smith

Default Dealing with Forest tracks

Dear All,
I am off to the Czech Mountains in a few days. Unfortunately the snow is a
little thin in the ground so I may have to move to the Great Mountains,
Harrakov. From the maps it seems if I go up into the hills I will have to
ski through forest tracks. Will they be narrow? I have never solved the
problem of how to ski down a narrow forest track. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Neil

Old February 12th 08, 06:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Feb 12, 10:36*am, "Neil Smith" wrote:
Dear All,
I am off to the Czech Mountains in a few days. Unfortunately the snow is a
little thin in the ground so I may have to move to the Great Mountains,
Harrakov. From the maps it seems if I go up into the hills I will have to
ski through forest tracks. Will they be narrow? I have never solved the
problem of how to ski down a narrow forest track. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Neil

Neil,

Sorry that I can't help with any knowlegable advice. But here in the
States, if a Alpine skier hits a tree, it is called doing a "Bono"
after Sunny Bono the celiberity politician who died colliding with a
tree at a downhill (lift-assisted) ski resort. So, don't do a "Bono"
skiing though the forests.

On the other hand, if you are a conservative, a "Bono" would be called
a "Kennedy" after Michael Kennedy of the Kennedy clan's death under
somewhat similar circumstances. The difference is that Michael's
accident was related to playing a form of American football on the ski
slopes.

Edgar