decent apartment Val D'Isere

Old October 20th 06, 08:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Bill Seddon

Default decent apartment Val D'Isere

I am looking to try to find a decent sized and well equipped apartment
for 5 people in Val for next year. We need self catering due to dietary
needs. We are prepared to be hit in the pocket.

Any suggestions as to places to start to look? Last time I did this in
Val was as a student and I slept on the floor, somehow I don't think my
group are going to do likewise.

Bill
Old October 21st 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

There is penty of accommodation listed on the resort tourist office
http://www.valdisere.com/gb/sejour/h...nformation.php and some
can be booked online.
UK Tour operators also offer many self-catering residences in the
resort. Normally it does not cost you any more and you get it all
sorted for you from the UK. If there is any problem you can normaly get
it easily sorted or get redress from your tour operator. Dealing direct
you obviously take more risks in that respect because
apartment/residence owners tend to deny there is any problem and/or
offer derisory compensation. Check for instance
http://www.skicollection.co.uk/default.cfm/loadindex.84

Old October 21st 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
sjt

Bill Seddon wrote:
I am looking to try to find a decent sized and well equipped apartment
for 5 people in Val for next year. We need self catering due to dietary
needs. We are prepared to be hit in the pocket.

Any suggestions as to places to start to look? Last time I did this in
Val was as a student and I slept on the floor, somehow I don't think my
group are going to do likewise.

Bill

Erna Low may be worth a call. They always seem to know the details of
what they are selling in the brochure, and may have some ideas for you.
I have no connection with them, or any other tour operator BTW.

Old October 21st 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Bill Seddon

Bill Seddon wrote:
I am looking to try to find a decent sized and well equipped apartment
for 5 people in Val for next year. We need self catering due to dietary
needs. We are prepared to be hit in the pocket.

Any suggestions as to places to start to look? Last time I did this in
Val was as a student and I slept on the floor, somehow I don't think my
group are going to do likewise.

Bill

Erna Low may be worth a call. They always seem to know the details of
what they are selling in the brochure, and may have some ideas for you.
I have no connection with them, or any other tour operator BTW.

thanks guys.

I remember a conversation I had with someone a couple of years about
Village Montana in Tignes. A browse of their site seems like it fits
the bill for 4 skiers and a non skier / cook / spa user. They look a
little larger than the average french cupboard.

Bill