Is this too obsessive?

Old November 4th 06, 10:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Team S-J

Default Is this too obsessive?

A quick poll required on the obsessiveness of only taking young kids on ski
holidays and travelling by car on Christmas Day from the UK to the Alps for
another ski holiday. I like my ski holiday (singular) and know I'll be
playing with my kids on Christmas day so just wanted to see what people
thought showed signs of obsession.

Old November 5th 06, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
MadCow

In message , Team S-J
writes
A quick poll required on the obsessiveness of only taking young kids on ski
holidays and travelling by car on Christmas Day from the UK to the Alps for
another ski holiday. I like my ski holiday (singular) and know I'll be
playing with my kids on Christmas day so just wanted to see what people
thought showed signs of obsession.

No, you're neurotic not obsessive.

--
Sue ]
Old November 6th 06, 10:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
French_Skier

Team S-J wrote:
A quick poll required on the obsessiveness of only taking young kids on ski
holidays and travelling by car on Christmas Day from the UK to the Alps for
another ski holiday. I like my ski holiday (singular) and know I'll be
playing with my kids on Christmas day so just wanted to see what people
thought showed signs of obsession.

Not as mad as dragging them through an airport given current level of
security madness and resulting level of hassle... Would suggesting
stopping at Grand Massif, Portes du Soleil or Mont-blanc areas if you
want to avoid Tarentaise traffic jams.

Old November 6th 06, 11:42 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
@elgy(nati-spam).org.uk

French_Skier wrote:
Team S-J wrote:

A quick poll required on the obsessiveness of only taking young kids on ski
holidays

Does this mean you are not interested in taking older kids or even adults?

and travelling by car on Christmas Day from the UK to the Alps for
another ski holiday. I like my ski holiday (singular) and know I'll be
playing with my kids on Christmas day so just wanted to see what people
thought showed signs of obsession.

I take it you are planning to drive on Christmas day to the Alps - well
at least the M25 should be OK

Not as mad as dragging them through an airport given current level of
security madness and resulting level of hassle... Would suggesting
stopping at Grand Massif, Portes du Soleil or Mont-blanc areas if you
want to avoid Tarentaise traffic jams.

Are there taffic jams to the Tarrentaise on Christmas day? Personally I
have never driven in that area on Christmas day so cannot comment. Nor
for the last 10 years have I encountered taffic jams going to the
tarrentaise (Apart from that horrendeous problem at Tunnel de l'Epine on
the A43. I gather the tunnel repairs are now finished and it should
return to normal.) I must point out that I do not ski in Febuary so
cannot comment on that month either.

John