Disaster

Old September 11th 14, 05:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Disaster

Disaster.
Park City bought by Fail Land Development Corporation.

All questions referred to Hal Clifford, author of "Downhill Slide: Why
the Corporate Ski Industry is Bad for Skiing, Ski Towns, and the
Environment"
Old September 11th 14, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

On 9/11/2014 1:41 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
Disaster.
Park City bought by Fail Land Development Corporation.

What is it with September the Eleventh?

--
//Walt
Old September 11th 14, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:15:32 PM UTC-6, Walt wrote:

Old news. Talisker is the land holder. Hiring Vain to run it I think. Had to do something when pcmr defaulted on their lease. But as I hear it pcmr is still going to run the snowplay area this year after posting a bond as they fight their eviction notice.

Old September 11th 14, 07:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:58:54 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:

Old news. Talisker is the land holder. Hiring Vain to run it I think. Had to do something when pcmr defaulted on their lease. But as I hear it pcmr is still going to run the snowplay area this year after posting a bond as they fight their eviction notice.

Ahhhh....Just saw the new news. I best go read the story. Doesn't matter, they still can't grow a mountain and will still cater to the non athlete "skier".

Old September 11th 14, 09:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

On 2014-09-11 20:57:29 +0000, twobuddha said:

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:01:15 PM UTC-7, pigo wrote:
On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:58:54 PM UTC-6, pigo wrote:

Old news. Talisker is the land holder. Hiring Vain to run it I think.
Had to do something when pcmr defaulted on their lease. But as I hear
it pcmr is still going to run the snowplay area this year after posting
a bond as they fight their eviction notice.

Ahhhh....Just saw the new news. I best go read the story. Doesn't
matter, they still can't grow a mountain and will still cater to the
non athlete "skier".

Asshole, you are not an athlete anymore. Too decrepit from the booze
to even ski, you had to take up golf. A sport for non athletes if
there ever was one.

Speaking as someone who skis, plays golf and plays hockey anywhere from
4 to 6 times a week, I can say with certainty that you (well, not YOU)
be an athlete and still play golf.

:-)

Old September 11th 14, 09:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

lal_truckee wrote:
Disaster.
Park City bought by Fail Land Development Corporation.

All questions referred to Hal Clifford, author of "Downhill Slide: Why
the Corporate Ski Industry is Bad for Skiing, Ski Towns, and the Environment"

I just see the problem is that Land Development Conglomerates, which Ski
Resort Holding companies are part of, can't get too large. The business is
more juggling the balance sheets constantly. Also like in any property
development and management, one property can drag the whole company down,
even with lots of cash rolling in...

How do you think Vail has handle running Northstar, or a resort beloved to
me, Kirkwood?

I just remember how Intrawest bought way too much, and just couldn't handle
all the crazy outstanding borrowing to fuel their empire...

As long as any ski area corporate head can sleep at night with the credit
lines, short term and long term outstanding loans needed to run a seasonal
business, I am probably at peace with this deal...
Old September 11th 14, 09:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:29:58 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Hilarious.

As for athletic credentials, I have a helluva lot more than you, idiot.

Yeah, an Olympic gold medal in the 100 meter dumpster-diving hurdles.

NASTAR Gold for most free stuff stolen from commercial ski industry sponsors in your age group, 16 years running.

Gold Bond Ointment award for most frequent wanking.

Off to play tennis. An athletic endeavor, but certainly not in the way your buddy Brain Fried Bob phrased it.

So do they have wheelchair tennis nowadays? Or are you still in Juniors League walker-class tennis? Got a sponsor to donate your tennis balls to you? Whose sponsor logo do you wear on your three-foot-long all-pork bologna sausage?

Oscar Meyer (pareve)?

Old September 11th 14, 10:17 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, September 11, 2014 4:29:58 PM UTC-5, twobuddha wrote:

Off to play tennis.

You said tat nearly an hour ago but here you are, posting to RSA, with your last post just 10 minutes ago.

What's the deelio?

Old September 11th 14, 10:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 11 Sep 2014 14:29:58 -0700 (PDT), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

Off to play tennis. An athletic endeavor, but certainly
not in the way your buddy Brain Fried Bob phrased it.

You don't play tennis. You just waddle around on the court. No doubt
picking up empty beer bottles so you can return them for the deposit
money.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old September 12th 14, 03:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

Off to play tennis. An athletic endeavor, but certainly

not in the way your buddy Brain Fried Bob phrased it.

You don't play tennis. You just waddle around on the court. No doubt

picking up empty beer bottles so you can return them for the deposit

money.

Nah, I refill them, just in case you show up, Huggies.

Hah! You just admitted you waddle around the court picking up empty
beer bottles.

Also for years you have been bragging about, "The Pride of Vail," and
you just admitted you can fit it into the neck of a beer bottle. Sucks
to be you, pencil dick.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.