Opportunity For Alan Baker

Old December 8th 07, 03:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default Opportunity For Alan Baker

We'd like to offer you an opportunity to take a step up. I have
a complimetary Level I Avalache Course courtesy of Exum Mountain
Guides. January 17-20 in Jackson Hole. You've been skiing
39 years. It's time to get off the corduroy. This complementary
tuition waiver has a value of $190.00-

Acept or Reject?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old December 8th 07, 06:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

In article ],
Alan Baker wrote:
In article ,
(Jeff Davis) wrote:

Acept or Reject?

Thanks, but I'm already scheduled to visit folks back east just after
Christmas.

Spoken like a true chicken**** hiding behind the anonymity of the
internet.

I dunno. Sounds reasonable to me. A friend emailed me yesterday
offering me a tour of Keck Observatory on the Big Island around the same
time. I had to turn her down, because... I'm headed back to the
mainland to see friends and family. I hope she didn't think *I* turned
down her generous offer because I was too cowardly and anonymous.

I would have expected "a true chicken**** hiding behind the anonymity of
the internet" to respond differently. Maybe:

1) Claim that he wouldn't negotiate with terrierists.

2) Insist on some silly and impossible conditions like:
A) Present to local LE and admit to imagined "felonies"
B) Reveal the identity of every anonymous poster on RSA
C)Come to you front door without providing a street address

3) Agree to meet you, but then not show up because:
A) He had an emergency softball game
B) He couldn't round up a sufficient ass kicking posse to accompany
him
C) He claims he never agreed to meet you at all.

Anyway, that's how I would expect "a true chicken**** hiding behind the
anonymity of the internet" to act.
Old December 9th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

In article ,
Richard Henry wrote:

I just assumed that Scott and Bert had already turned the offer down.
You didn't forget to ask them, did you Jeff?

Scott and Bert don't need a Level I course. I'm Level III Mountain Guide
Certified by the American Avalanche Institute. They can ski safely with
me anytime they want barring Extreme Avalache Hazard.

7 hour drive to Mammoth. ****. You have to leave at midnight to get first
chair on a powder day. Ski it up to 5. 7 hour drive home puts you in bed
at 1 AM. That means to get first chair 2 days in a row you can't sleep in
your own bed. I'm a 100 yd boot clump from the lift at the town hill. With
a comp season pass. And night skiing... Suck My Dick Bitch
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."