Fantastic skiing

Old November 22nd 08, 03:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

Default Fantastic skiing

On Fri, 21 Nov 2008 20:14:24 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote:

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

Fine. Please email them to Dave_at_CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com. CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com.

I really appreciate that you went to the trouble of mungifying
CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com. It demonstrates commitment.

I am something if not commitable.

The most painful part of the membership process has two options. Option
"A" is where I begin to "tell you about myself" and then proceed to talk
without interruption for the next 6 1/2 hours, pausing only to stuff dry
saltine crackers in my mouth at regular intervals. Option "B" is the
"Man Called Horse" ritual. Most people choose option "B"

WAIT!!! am I the horse or ar you? This is crucial!

I thought we'd just go with a coin toss. Or maybe a game of rock,
paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Do you play Parcheesi? Nevermind. I'll take Spock and Heasd to win but
only if you specify the meeting place now.

Can the "horse" eat crackers too?

Afraid I might answer this one too, huh? Coward.

CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com may be available.

I already have secured much funnier URLs than that.

Prove it! Liar!

Google! All the evidence is there!!!!

I tried. How do you spell Google? And what I am googleeng again? I
tried "Funnier Domain Names than CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com owned
by Dave Cartman" and all I got was a bunch of sites dealing with
animated elves, D&D and firehoses. Are those the ones to which you are
referring, because I do find mythical creatures attempting to control
large conflagrations with twelve sided dice to be mildly amusing but
really not "FUNNY" per se.You must live in your mom's basement, huh?

I suppose you won the pickle cup this year also in you yacht?

To be serious for a moment, I HATE yacht racing. Hate, hate, hate it.
All that running around, stuffing sopping wet sails down in holds and
trying not to trip over cables and the pulling the spinnaker back out
and trying not to fall out. Ugh! Double ugh! (no offense Horvath and
Walt, but I'll buy my own pickle dishes)

To be cereal for a monet, I hate Captain Crunch and French
Impressionism. It makes my mouth and eyes hurt and one of them feels
like putting on glasses. It just got worse with the Peanut Butter
Flaovoure too (pleas notice that I am fluent in fake French
Pronuncifications also. I can do Colour - which is British- but I am
not fluent.) and in Cassatt's later works.

Pickles are good.

Yacht racing is silly not least of all because Yacht is a such an
obviously silly word.

Check and mate, SIR!

--
Dave M
Old November 22nd 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

wrote this crap:

I suppose you won the pickle cup this year also in you yacht?

To be serious for a moment, I HATE yacht racing. Hate, hate, hate it.
All that running around, stuffing sopping wet sails down in holds and
trying not to trip over cables and the pulling the spinnaker back out
and trying not to fall out. Ugh! Double ugh! (no offense Horvath and
Walt, but I'll buy my own pickle dishes)

I still have no idea what a "pickle dish," is.

Ans speaking as club champion, and I'm certain that I represent the
club, you don't, pull the spinnaker back out. The spinnaker is taken
below, and repacked. The spinnaker, in the bag, is then taken above
and attached to the rail. During windward leewards, the spinnaker has
to be repacked down below, and then sent back up.

Thank GOD that is clarified. If I hadn't just gotten up I might be
able to rest easy now. Though it was so boring I might go take a nap
during the widwhipward leesnapples to save my strength for something
that I actually give a crap about.

While we are on the subject of skiing, I have apparently agreed to
participate in a 24 Hour chairty race. Anyone ever been stoopid or
drunk enough to agree to this sort of lunacy? Should I expect a LOT
of halluciantions at at about 3 am or just the usual?

Hey, this might be fun:

What are the best goggles to wear for a 24hour ski race? CLear,
yellow, rose colored? And, which ski should I be on for that race?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave M
Old November 22nd 08, 05:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

wrote this crap:

[...]

No I found you get a second wind when the sun starts to come up.

Use a ski that is comfortable you spend more time on the lift, high
speeds wear out skier and lead to crash think in endurance mode vs
sprint mode. Pick a fast consistent pace. Bring different goggles and
layers as conditions are going to vary.

Most likely you will do it in shifts somebody from the team should be
out there doing laps ack runs but the rules vary by group

hallucinations are medication controlled the more you take the prettier
they get.....
Old November 22nd 08, 05:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Alan Baker

In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

On Nov 21, 11:47 am, Alan Baker wrote:
In article
,
taichiskiing wrote:

Not sure where your "flailing wildly" comes from, get stuck on you
green MA, eh? Following a predictable track is easy, but it takes a
lot more skills, courage, and knowledge to ski/recover the
unpredictable. And that's what high level skiing all about.

He flails 19 seconds into the video (I'm not counting the one caused by
hitting the gate).

Maybe that's because your "flailing" eyes, and a conceited little
mind?

Earlier on I thought it was only me that you were bashing because you
cannot pacify your conceited ego; nevertheless, after seeing you even
bashing on Bode's skiing, that only confirms that you are a conceited
little knowledge.

I'm not bashing on Bode's skiing, Chai-tea. Bode Miller is a great skier.

The recovery just isn't an example of it. Great athleticism, sure, not
great skiing.

Great skiing would have been not needing to recover.

You would not last one second in that condition.

One time, I and the rest of my racing team were practicing tuck jumps
and whoever had built the jump had made the transition a little too
steep. So when I went over at about 30-40 mph, my ski flexed and popped
me out of the binding. So there I was in mid-air about 15 feet off the
snow and I had to land it on only one ski.

If you pop off the ground 15 feet unintended, yup, that's pretty bad
skiing. And any skier worth its salts should be able to land a
straight jump on one ski. And you are confused "19 seconds on the
ground" with "15 feet in the air"; given gravity pulls at 32 feet per
second per second, you didn't last the "one second."

Coming off the ground was completely intended, Chai-tea. Can't you read?
We were practicing tuck jumps; jumping at high speed.

And I'm in now way confusing anything, because you just made all those
numbers up; at least, you made up "one second" (and simply misuese the
other numbers I had mentioned).

And, yes, the force of gravity increases, your speed at 32 feet per
second per second, but this was on a jump on a ski *hill*, Chai-tea.
That means the ground was lower at the landing than at the takeoff.

I've been in that condition and I lasted just fine thanks.

Not if you busted your knees doing that.

I didn't bust anything doing that.

I'm not saying that the recovery wasn't a fine thing, Chai-tea; I'm just
tired of listening to your bull****.

If you "don't" think that recovery is a bad thing, then you are
bull****ting yourself by thinking/saying so, and you won't feel better
until you yourself becomes better.

Where did I say I think that? Answer: I didn't.

You've never presented a video of you skiing anything the least bit
difficult

There's no need to stress your incompetent green MA,

There's every need to stress the green runs that your videos take place
on.

and I'll take you on on any run you choose and wax your sorry
ass.

or bragging about how good your skiing; if you dare to put your skiing
on the 'net, I'll give you some credit for having guts already. In my
neck of woods there's a saying, "a worthy opponent will do me honor,"
but you ain't worth my effort to defeat you.

Spare me.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old November 22nd 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

What are the best goggles to wear for a 24hour ski race? CLear,
yellow, rose colored? And, which ski should I be on for that race?

I suggest the kind I wear for long airplane rides. They're black and do
a good job keeping wind out. They are 100% effective at stopping UV
wavelengths (As well as Visual, IR, and maybe... microwaves?)

To prepare, take (and I don't remember their actual names) a little
yellow one, two blue ones, and a big white one and then wash it down
with half the bottle of cough syrup your doctor forget to write "no
refills" on. Place the indoor skiing/sleep googles over your eyes and
trust that the college kid you paid to do the race for you actually
shows up. Drop by the morning as they finish and pick up your tee-shirt
and certificate of appreciation.

Man, being a great humanitarian leaves me feeling really groggy.
Old November 22nd 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
DaveM wrote:

I thought we'd just go with a coin toss. Or maybe a game of rock,
paper, scissors, lizard, spock.

Do you play Parcheesi? Nevermind. I'll take Spock and Heasd to win but
only if you specify the meeting place now.

I call the "meet" at my favorite coffee shop! BLUFF CALLED! You
Cumbersome Clump! Ill You Informed Ignoramus! You Galumphing Gargoyle!
You Blundering Bag of Bolts!

Sorry. When I get really angry, I resort to 'Dr Smith from "LOST IN
SPACE" insults.' It won't happen again, You Miserable Mass of Metal!

Can the "horse" eat crackers too?

Afraid I might answer this one too, huh? Coward.

(crickets)

CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com may be available.

I already have secured much funnier URLs than that.

Prove it! Liar!

Google! All the evidence is there!!!!

I tried. How do you spell Google? And what I am googleeng again? I
tried "Funnier Domain Names than CrazyAssAndWetWackjobs_dot_com owned
by Dave Cartman" and all I got was a bunch of sites dealing with
animated elves, D&D and firehoses. Are those the ones to which you are
referring, because I do find mythical creatures attempting to control
large conflagrations with twelve sided dice to be mildly amusing but
really not "FUNNY" per se.You must live in your mom's basement, huh?

Sure it started out as mom's basement, but now it's an (almost) exact
reproduction of the bridge of the Star Ship Enterprise. It would be
perfect if it weren't for Gram's old sewing machine and Mom's "jiggle
the fat away with a belt while standing up" motorised exercise machine.

I suppose you won the pickle cup this year also in you yacht?

To be serious for a moment, I HATE yacht racing. Hate, hate, hate it.
All that running around, stuffing sopping wet sails down in holds and
trying not to trip over cables and the pulling the spinnaker back out
and trying not to fall out. Ugh! Double ugh! (no offense Horvath and
Walt, but I'll buy my own pickle dishes)

To be cereal for a monet, I hate Captain Crunch and French
Impressionism. It makes my mouth and eyes hurt and one of them feels
like putting on glasses. It just got worse with the Peanut Butter
Flaovoure too (pleas notice that I am fluent in fake French
Pronuncifications also. I can do Colour - which is British- but I am
not fluent.) and in Cassatt's later works.

Sir, don't think for one minute you can "out pretension" me. Beaucoups
artifice, per se.

Pickles are good.

Yacht racing is silly not least of all because Yacht is a such an
obviously silly word.

Check and mate, SIR!

I don't think so! What you have sadly mistaken for a game of chess was,
in fact, a clever game of checkers all along. "King Me!" and clip,
clop, clip, clop, clop. Sir!
Old November 22nd 08, 06:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

wrote this crap:

I suppose you won the pickle cup this year also in you yacht?

To be serious for a moment, I HATE yacht racing. Hate, hate, hate it.
All that running around, stuffing sopping wet sails down in holds and
trying not to trip over cables and the pulling the spinnaker back out
and trying not to fall out. Ugh! Double ugh! (no offense Horvath and
Walt, but I'll buy my own pickle dishes)

I still have no idea what a "pickle dish," is.

I'm no "Whitebread" finisher, but I'm pretty sure it's a dish upon which
you can server pickles, per se. If I recall correctly from my time up
at "The College," the smaller ones are used for your gerkin style pickes
and the larger ones are used for your jumbo dills.

Ans speaking as club champion, and I'm certain that I represent the
club, you don't, pull the spinnaker back out. The spinnaker is taken
below, and repacked. The spinnaker, in the bag, is then taken above
and attached to the rail. During windward leewards, the spinnaker has
to be repacked down below, and then sent back up.

So is the spinnaker a volunteer or just some one the captain doesn't
like?
Old November 22nd 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Nov 22, 7:34*am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On Nov 21, 11:47 am, Alan Baker wrote:

One time, I and the rest of my racing team were practicing tuck jumps
and whoever had built the jump had made the transition a little too
steep. So when I went over at about 30-40 mph, my ski flexed and popped
me out of the binding. So there I was in mid-air about 15 feet off the
snow and I had to land it on only one ski.

If you pop off the ground 15 feet unintended, yup, that's pretty bad
skiing. And any skier worth its salts should be able to land a
straight jump on one ski. And you are confused "19 seconds on the
ground" with "15 feet in the air"; given gravity pulls at 32 feet per
second per second, you didn't last the "one second."

You seem to be confusing the concepts of acceleration, velocity,
displacement, and time. Perhaps you should seek some help from the
local physic professor, Dr. J. Davis.
Old November 22nd 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 09:20:24 -1000, Dave Cartman
wrote this crap:

I still have no idea what a "pickle dish," is.

I'm no "Whitebread" finisher, but I'm pretty sure it's a dish upon which
you can server pickles, per se. If I recall correctly from my time up
at "The College," the smaller ones are used for your gerkin style pickes
and the larger ones are used for your jumbo dills.

I get the idea that a pickle dish is something you use to serve
pickles, but what is the reference to sailing?

Ans speaking as club champion, and I'm certain that I represent the
club, you don't, pull the spinnaker back out. The spinnaker is taken
below, and repacked. The spinnaker, in the bag, is then taken above
and attached to the rail. During windward leewards, the spinnaker has
to be repacked down below, and then sent back up.

So is the spinnaker a volunteer or just some one the captain doesn't
like?

The spinnaker is a large balloon-like sail, used downwind.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old November 22nd 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
DaveM

On Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:16:56 -0500, downhill
wrote:

While we are on the subject of skiing, I have apparently agreed to
participate in a 24 Hour chairty race. Anyone ever been stoopid or
drunk enough to agree to this sort of lunacy? Should I expect a LOT
of halluciantions at at about 3 am or just the usual?

Hey, this might be fun:

What are the best goggles to wear for a 24hour ski race? CLear,
yellow, rose colored? And, which ski should I be on for that race?

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave M

No I found you get a second wind when the sun starts to come up.

Use a ski that is comfortable you spend more time on the lift, high
speeds wear out skier and lead to crash think in endurance mode vs
sprint mode. Pick a fast consistent pace. Bring different goggles and
layers as conditions are going to vary.

Well That seems far too reasonable and was actually my plan anyway. I
just thought that we haven't seen the best ski goggle lense color
debate for a while and I alays enjoy people asking what ski they
should be on as the whole crystal ball industry depends largely on
those types of questions.

Given that it is at Schweitzer conditions will probably vary between
daylight and pea soup thick fog and darkness and pea soup thick
fog.Probably a reversion to the first state at about 7 am or so. One
can hope anyway.

I'll probably bring two pais of skis. We are all going to ski some
laps together on the first morning and into the afternoon and then
break out into shifts over night and planning to reconvene at some
point after the sun comes up for the glorious finish. Longer and
stiffer seem OK in the daylight but (especially since I think night
skiing is generally silly) I plan to go shorter and much more
forgiving in the dark.

Most likely you will do it in shifts somebody from the team should be
out there doing laps ack runs but the rules vary by group

Yeah, I am NOT skiing 24 hours straight but the teams get credit for
total team laps which is cool, so that we CAN ski together when or if
we want.

hallucinations are medication controlled the more you take the prettier
they get.....

Seems to echo Dave Cartman's post below. Hopefully you are less prone
to Lost in Space outbursts than he is.

--
Dave M