SkiStar Lift Passes - Where can you use them or equivalents?

Old January 25th 06, 09:35 PM

Default SkiStar Lift Passes - Where can you use them or equivalents?

Just got back from a week in Are, Sweden[1] - first time I've been on
real snow for a while.

They use a credit-card liftpass that you pop in a pocket and it gets
read by the readers at the barriers without having to take it out[2].
The card itself is marked "SkiStar" - has anyone else come across this
or a similar liftpass?

It was much better than the ones I've used before which usually
required taking your gloves off and putting a card into a slot.

[1] Heavy drag-lift bias and pretty cold but the snow and the, er,
"scenery" more than made up.
[2] presumably RFID
--
Christofire
Old January 25th 06, 11:35 PM

The system is also used in japan ,really nice !fast.grg

Old January 26th 06, 08:52 AM

The card itself is marked "SkiStar" - has anyone else come across this
or a similar liftpass?

SkiStar owns =C5re, and they seem to have a proprietary ski pass system.
It's used in Hemsedal here in Norway, and will likely start being used
in Trysil soon - both of which places are SkiStar resorts.

Most of the other resorts here in Norway use the KeyCard system, which
is more standard I think - the Swatch ski pass watches work with it.
The KeyCard works exactly the same as how you described SkiStar.

Old January 26th 06, 10:40 AM

they also use at Hintertux in Austria and have just installed the same system at Courchevel in France.

Old January 26th 06, 02:08 PM

Christofire wrote:
Just got back from a week in Are, Sweden[1] - first time I've been on
real snow for a while.

They use a credit-card liftpass that you pop in a pocket and it gets
read by the readers at the barriers without having to take it out[2].

I think nearly every resort I go to in Austria has magnetic passes. I
just put it in my glove pocket. I rarely see slot ones any more.

Octes

Old January 26th 06, 03:32 PM

Grand Valira in Andorra have them too.

--
David Brown )

Old January 27th 06, 11:27 AM

Octessence wrote:

Christofire wrote:
Just got back from a week in Are, Sweden[1] - first time I've been
on real snow for a while.

They use a credit-card liftpass that you pop in a pocket and it gets
read by the readers at the barriers without having to take it
out[2].

I think nearly every resort I go to in Austria has magnetic passes. I
just put it in my glove pocket. I rarely see slot ones any more.

Octes

Blimey - I only had a couple of winters off and it's all changed. Much
for the better though.

Now, if only you could go on their website and see a log of all the
runs you did. That'd be pretty cool.

--
Christofire