Salomon F20- decent freeride boot?

Old November 8th 05, 10:15 PM
KenO

Default Salomon F20- decent freeride boot?

I tried out the F20 today and I really liked the feel, especially as an
upgrade to my Burton Moto boots. I've heard a lot about the Malamute
being the best Salomon alternative for freeriding, but none are
available hereabouts to try.

Anyone riding the F20 as an all-mountain alternative?

Old November 9th 05, 04:32 PM
Robert Stevahn

On 8 Nov 2005 15:15:48 -0800, "KenO" wrote:

Anyone riding the F20 as an all-mountain alternative?

I ride with the F24s, also supposedly a "freestyle" boot. They are
very stiff and work great for freeriding, which is what I actually do.
I rode with Flow FL-11s and a Donek Incline last year.

I'll know this weekend how the whole new rig works out. New this year:
Flow Pro-C XFR bindings and a K2 Recon Riser.

Brundage http://brundage.com/ opens this weekend!!!

-- Robert
Old November 12th 05, 04:20 PM
Paul

All F boots have a one piece liner if I am not mistaken. Can be very cold.
The malamute is a lot warmer.
Paul
oups.com...

Old November 14th 05, 06:54 PM
Robert Stevahn

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 12:20:07 -0500, "Paul"
wrote:

All F boots have a one piece liner if I am not mistaken. Can be very cold.

Is that experience or opinion talking? The liners are as thick as any
others except on the sole. I haven't noticed any difference in terms
of insulation value.

-- Robert