Olympic Predictions Anyone?

Old February 16th 06, 04:50 AM

Marty wrote:
Then they find out that just before the race he had a glass of
Sake and that he has a crush on Katie Couric.

Oh yuck. Please!
I can't stand that simpering thing.

--
ant

Old February 16th 06, 07:36 PM

Awe crap!

http://www.eurosport.com/alpineskiin...to834805.shtml
--
Marty

Old February 17th 06, 02:25 AM

Marty wrote:

Awe crap!

http://www.eurosport.com/alpineskiin...to834805.shtml

Janica Kostelic, Hermann Maier, Caroline Lalive, Carole Montillet,
Lindsey Kildow, Hilde Gerg, Kirsten Clark. Partial list. We hang an
awful lot on the Olympics, and always forget that these folks get hurt a
lot and get sick with surprising frequency. Still and all, I'm having a
hard time wrapping my mind around Kostelic not competing. Am I mistaken
in my metric conversions, or is 37.2C equal to 98.9F? Doesn't seem like
the kind of "fever" that would bench Kostelic.

Old February 17th 06, 02:35 AM

I predict that one of you freaks will falsely accuse me of molesting
children within 24 hours.

Old February 17th 06, 02:36 AM

"ant" wrote in message
Marty wrote:
Then they find out that just before the race he had a glass of
Sake and that he has a crush on Katie Couric.

Oh yuck. Please!
I can't stand that simpering thing.

Speaking of simpering after losing a race.....

Old February 17th 06, 02:51 AM

Mary Malmros wrote:

Am I mistaken
in my metric conversions, or is 37.2C equal to 98.9F? Doesn't seem like
the kind of "fever" that would bench Kostelic.

37 C is "normal" body temperature rounded off to two significant
digits. When you convert it to Farenheit you get 98.6, but the
apparent three significant digit precision is an artifact of the
conversion. 37.2 is pretty normal; we humans vary around the mean in
most measurements.

--
// Walt
//

Old February 17th 06, 02:55 AM

Walt wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Am I mistaken in my metric conversions, or is 37.2C equal to 98.9F?
Doesn't seem like the kind of "fever" that would bench Kostelic.

37 C is "normal" body temperature rounded off to two significant
digits. When you convert it to Farenheit you get 98.6, but the apparent
three significant digit precision is an artifact of the conversion.
37.2 is pretty normal; we humans vary around the mean in most measurements.

Right...so, to my point: this ain't a "fever". So what's the deal?

Old February 17th 06, 03:22 AM

Mary Malmros wrote:
Walt wrote:
Mary Malmros wrote:

Am I mistaken in my metric conversions, or is 37.2C equal to 98.9F?
Doesn't seem like the kind of "fever" that would bench Kostelic.

37 C is "normal" body temperature rounded off to two significant
digits. When you convert it to Farenheit you get 98.6, but the
apparent three significant digit precision is an artifact of the
conversion. 37.2 is pretty normal; we humans vary around the mean in
most measurements.

Right...so, to my point: this ain't a "fever". So what's the deal?

No idea. Do you need any advice about making coffee?

I actually tried to watch the olympics tonight. BOOOOORRRRRING!
Three hours of bad-taste-on-ice on BOTH the CBC and NBC, intercut with
small doses of some moderately interesting other stuff.

Snowboard cross was interesting, until I realized that Simon
Whatshisname was obviously going to win it all. That's the problem
with NBC's coverage - you *know* the USA guy or gal is going to win
the Gold, otherwise they wouldn't show it. AND show seventeen minutes
of background biography leading up to the final run, which you know
they would have left in the can had he not won. Very very very
anticlimatic. Why bother watching if you know the ending?

Maybe the CBC will show some curling before the week is out. At least
that will be somewhat suspenseful.

--
// Walt
//

Old February 17th 06, 05:40 AM

Walt wrote:

I actually tried to watch the olympics tonight. BOOOOORRRRRING!
Three hours of bad-taste-on-ice on BOTH the CBC and NBC, intercut with
small doses of some moderately interesting other stuff.

I watched ALL the men's skating! I wish the last 2 canadians and the
Japanese chap had got the medals.

Snowboard cross was interesting,

i like the crashes! the aussie guy was completely miffed at being knocked
off the course. I was going for the hard booters, but they had to lose speed
in the air as they had to stand to land. I was amazed they could jump those
monster boards at all.

And WHY do they have a race on the slowest snow equipment? It is almost as
silly as having Snollerblade races.
Why isn't there skiiercross in the lympics? That's really top stuff.

--
ant

Old February 17th 06, 11:22 AM

ant wrote:

And WHY do they have a race on the slowest snow equipment?

Why do people race horses or bicycles, or run for that matter, when cars
are so much faster?

Olympic Pool - Bet on the winners! Craig Storey Nordic Skiing 2 February 10th 06 01:50 AM
Olympic team selections tassava Nordic Skiing 3 January 26th 06 10:48 AM
US Olympic Team Marty Alpine Skiing 0 January 25th 06 11:12 PM
men's 4x10km relay predictions 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 2 February 19th 05 09:04 PM
Winter Olympic Park Closed? -JP- Nordic Skiing 3 March 1st 04 10:37 PM