ObSki: another run with flatboarding

Old May 6th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

Default ObSki: another run with flatboarding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

Old May 8th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

thanks,
IS

Old May 8th 07, 03:20 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

It looks like you're having fun and are under control, so who am I to
tell you to do it any differently?

//Walt
Old May 8th 07, 03:38 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 8, 8:20 am, Walt wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

It looks like you're having fun and are under control, so who am I to
tell you to do it any differently?

Wow, the world has changed. Hey you 'net bashers, it's time to move
on.

Thanks for the good words,
IS

//Walt

Old May 8th 07, 03:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On May 8, 8:04 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

thanks,
IS

I didn't see anything new or different.

All previous bashing still applies.

Old May 8th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 8, 8:47 am, Richard Henry wrote:
On May 8, 8:04 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

thanks,
IS

I didn't see anything new or different.

All previous bashing still applies.

Ok, correction, the world has changed, but the 'net bashers have not,
just getting lamed.

'later,
IS

Old May 8th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

I like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d1AqdGXUi4&NR=1
wherein you use baby bumps to demonstrate that you pretty much ski just
like everyone else, except for a fair amount of flailing of the upper
body and arms, some edging difficulties, and problematical timing.

But not to worry; I could fix that flailing with one lesson teaching you
how to use poles for stability, timing, and to quiet the upper body.

When do you want to come around the lake for a lesson?
Old May 8th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

have fun,
IS

No bashing? wow, the world has changed.

I like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d1AqdGXUi4&NR=1
wherein you use baby bumps to demonstrate that you pretty much ski just
like everyone else, except for a fair amount of flailing of the upper
body and arms, some edging difficulties, and problematical timing.

But not to worry; I could fix that flailing with one lesson teaching you
how to use poles for stability, timing, and to quiet the upper body.

When do you want to come around the lake for a lesson?

Nah, he's pretty much OK, he'd just get tangled
up with the poles. Actually, the 3 of us should
get together for a day of mutual bashing. Next
January or February perhaps?
Old May 8th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw

...CLIP

When do you want to come around the lake for a lesson?

Nah, he's pretty much OK, he'd just get tangled
up with the poles. Actually, the 3 of us should
get together for a day of mutual bashing. Next
January or February perhaps?

Only got out about 70 days this year - I'll try to do better next season.

Actually the URL Taichi provided didn't offer anything much to bash
(other than looking like he's crucified.) I had to go round up a
different video for my supercilious commentary. He seemed lost in the
thread without his regularly scheduled bashing, so I took pity and
offered up consistency.
Old May 9th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On May 8, 4:41 pm, lal_truckee wrote:
VtSkier wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
taichiskiing wrote:
On May 6, 9:32 am, taichiskiing
wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWTcN2cGWUw
...CLIP
When do you want to come around the lake for a lesson?

Wanna come up for a lesson of ski free handed?

Nah, he's pretty much OK, he'd just get tangled
up with the poles. Actually, the 3 of us should
get together for a day of mutual bashing. Next
January or February perhaps?

Sure, why not?

Only got out about 70 days this year - I'll try to do better next season.

140+ by resorts' counts, (a few days I go both places).

Actually the URL Taichi provided didn't offer anything much to bash
(other than looking like he's crucified.)

Like a fine wine, Taichi Skiing is getting better with ages, and the
'net bashers hate that.

I had to go round up a
different video for my supercilious commentary. He seemed lost in the
thread without his regularly scheduled bashing, so I took pity and
offered up consistency.

Well, maybe you should really look into to ski free handed, so you
don't get washout by new progress/technique. Free your hands to free
you body, free your body to free your mind, Taichi Skiing reaches the
soul of skiing. And we do have a "ski like a penguin" league here at
the Heavenly.
http://www.taomartialarts.com/misc/oneleggedcarving.jpg

'later,
IS