Homewood Alpine interconnect?

Old March 14th 11, 02:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

Default Homewood Alpine interconnect?

On 3/11/2011 5:46 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 3/11/11 12:14 PM, Walt wrote:

I heard a rumor that Homewood has put in a permit to connect to Alpine
through the back side and have the resorts interconnect.

Anybody know more about this? Lal?

Not close - miles apart, so I really doubt it.

That's what I thought, from looking at the map. Looks like they'd have
to put in several lifts to do the connect rather than just cutting a new
trail. No idea if this is at all feasible due to terrain and ownership
of the land in between.

Maybe you saw reference to the bus service?

What I saw was this:
http://www.skilifts.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=8926

Thanks.
//Walt
Old April 13th 11, 05:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 11, 1:14*pm, Walt wrote:
I heard a rumor that Homewood has *put in a permit to connect to Alpine
through the back side and have the resorts interconnect.

Anybody know more about this? *Lal?

//Walt

When I was at Homewood last Saturday I noticed that the trail map
brochure has Homewood on one side and Alpine Meadows on the other.

Another trail map note: The Diamond Peak trail maps are printed up
new every day with current open/closed trail and groomed trail symbols.
Old April 13th 11, 10:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/13/11 10:30 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

When I was at Homewood last Saturday I noticed that the trail map
brochure has Homewood on one side and Alpine Meadows on the other.

Owned by the same company. My pass is also good at Homewood, but I
haven't skied there recently.

29 years ago hauled my one year old son up Homewood's base rope tow for
his first few ski runs.
Old April 13th 11, 10:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:40:40 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

On 4/13/11 10:30 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

When I was at Homewood last Saturday I noticed that the trail map
brochure has Homewood on one side and Alpine Meadows on the other.

Owned by the same company. My pass is also good at Homewood, but I
haven't skied there recently.

29 years ago hauled my one year old son up Homewood's base rope tow for
his first few ski runs.

Did he ever make it down?

vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.
Old April 13th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Apr 13, 3:40*pm, lal_truckee wrote:
On 4/13/11 10:30 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

When I was at Homewood last Saturday I noticed that the trail map
brochure has Homewood on one side and Alpine Meadows on the other.

Owned by the same company. My pass is also good at Homewood, but I
haven't skied there recently.

29 years ago hauled my one year old son up Homewood's base rope tow for
his first few ski runs.

Did he turn out to be a coward, pathological liar, and all around
asshole like his daddy?