Algebraic integer mistake, basic

Old June 20th 04, 07:15 PM
Richard Henry

Default Algebraic integer mistake, basic

"Wayne Brown" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:

"Christian Bau" wrote in message

That is not quite true. So far he proved that he has no clue of maths,
and that sci.math is a more peaceful place without him.

But less interesting.

I have found that one needs to read no more than 4 distinct newsgroups

daily
(By "distinct" I mean that there is a low incidence of cross-posting

among
them) to be assured of reading current loon-threads. For example,

during
the quiet JSH-free interval just passed on sci.math, the residnt loon on
rec.skiing.alpine was especially active. Now things have reversed.

Do you think that maybe James is just another of Scotty's "personalities"
(or vice versa)? It would explain why they seem to take turns...

Nah, that's not a serious question, I'm just kidding. But it *would*
explain a lot...

Both of them have posted pictures for which neutral parties have vouched,
and they are apparently different people. I think the similarities in their
posting styles are more likely a common organic brain feature (please, not
"defect") or shared stressful experiences.

(Maybe we should try to get James involved in ACIM and send him over
there to keep him busy. I bet he'd fit right in. :-)

When the ACIM debate started on news.groups, I had no idea what it was. I
had to do a little study. (ACIM = "A Course in Miracles", a popular
self-improvement book, which has spawned a few discussion groups on usenet
and in other Internet nooks and crannies. The debate was whether to remove
an existing usenet group in favor of a moderated group.). Similarly, James'
postings compelled me to read up on algebraic integers, and Scott introduced
me to the world of "Mens' Issues".

cross-posting added to ngs under discussion

Old June 23rd 04, 12:08 AM
Dick Gozinya

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:28:52 -0400, "Hank Sniadoch" wrote:

You and Scott have something going ??

Yes
Want pictures?
Old June 23rd 04, 12:18 PM
Arthur L. Rubin

Richard Henry wrote:

Nothing relevant to news.groups. (Little relevant to sci.math or
rec.skiing.alpine, but I'll let readers of those groups
speak for themselves.)

--
This account is subject to a persistent MS Blaster and SWEN attack.
I think I've got the problem resolved, but, if you E-mail me