Update on my ribs....

Old February 6th 05, 12:36 AM
Mary Malmros

Black Metal Martha wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Black Metal Martha wrote:

She also said no strenuous exercise for the next two months.

That's cause since it's likely cracked if you took another slam on

the

same rib it could break clean and puncture a lung. Or protrude

through

the skin. Not pretty. But they're your ribs and your risk. That's why

football players wear "flake jackets - to spread any blow over

several

ribs, not just the damaged rib. (I assume there's some rib padding
involved anyway, at least anterior?)

I'll be very very careful and make sure I wrap up my ribs beforehand.

Jeez, I dunno. I mean, I don't see a wrap providing hardly any
protection from a direct blow. Body armor, maybe, but not a "wrap".
And a pneumothorax is no joke. It doesn't just hurt a little, or even a
lot; it's a life-threatening injury.

You really ought to clarify with your MD just what she meant by
"wrapping it". Nowadays, the usual recommendation is _against_ wrapping
broken ribs, for fear of pleurisy.

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old February 6th 05, 04:22 AM
Jim Strohm

Black Metal Martha wrote:

She also said no strenuous exercise for the next two months. Yeah,
right, like that's gonna happen. I'm going skiing next weekend. And
yes, I'll take it easy.

So, no coughing, laughing, sneezing or hugging for me for a while...

What about sex? Did the doctor put you on a two-month death sentence
for that too?

jimintexus

Old February 6th 05, 04:24 AM
ant

"AstroPax" wrote in message
On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 23:04:36 -0600, "ant"
wrote:

like wings (chicken arms).

Wings are one of my specialties:

http://wings.astropax.com/

I had chicken arms for dinner tonight. And NOW I know why my wings at home
have never been any good, you have to deep fry them!!!! argh. I love that
vinergery orange sauce, and some nice ranch to put them in. Food of the
Gods. yum yum yum.
I think this year I will take some large containers of wing sauce home with
me, you just can't get the proper stuff (or ranch).

ant

Old February 6th 05, 04:44 AM
lal_truckee

Jim Strohm wrote:
Black Metal Martha wrote:

She also said no strenuous exercise for the next two months. Yeah,
right, like that's gonna happen. I'm going skiing next weekend. And
yes, I'll take it easy.

So, no coughing, laughing, sneezing or hugging for me for a while...

What about sex? Did the doctor put you on a two-month death sentence
for that too?

Top. It's best on top. In the mountains, too.

Old February 7th 05, 12:28 AM
pigo

"ant" wrote in message

I had chicken arms for dinner tonight. And NOW I know why my wings
at home have never been any good, you have to deep fry them!!!!
argh. I love that vinergery orange sauce, and some nice ranch to
put them in. Food of the Gods. yum yum yum.
I think this year I will take some large containers of wing sauce
home with me, you just can't get the proper stuff (or ranch).

I like mine with blue cheese. You can get "Ranch" in dry packets that
you mix with mayo or sour cream or something like that.

It's not too hard to make your own sause. I sometimes just use
"Crystal" hot sauce right out of the bottle (if I don't feel like
****ing with it).

Bob

Old February 7th 05, 03:10 AM
ant

"pigo" wrote in message
"ant" wrote in message

I had chicken arms for dinner tonight. And NOW I know why my wings at
home have never been any good, you have to deep fry them!!!! argh. I
love that vinergery orange sauce, and some nice ranch to put them in.
Food of the Gods. yum yum yum.
I think this year I will take some large containers of wing sauce home
with me, you just can't get the proper stuff (or ranch).

I like mine with blue cheese. You can get "Ranch" in dry packets that you
mix with mayo or sour cream or something like that.

It's not too hard to make your own sause. I sometimes just use "Crystal"
hot sauce right out of the bottle (if I don't feel like ****ing with it).

It's hard to get those vinegary chilli sauces back home...except tabasco.
I've got some of that crystal stuff up on the shelf right now! I put it in
my wings when they're done, jsut to beef them up a bit.
We can get the Paul Newman ranch back home and boy it's pricey. I like the
blue cheese stuff too...part of the same family, we don't really have those
types of dressing much back home. I hope we get them at some point.

ant

Old February 7th 05, 03:10 AM
ant

"AstroPax" wrote in message

I get the 64 oz. jugs of "Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper
Sauce" at Super Wal-Mart:

http://wings.astropax.com/franks.jpg

IMO, it's the best hot sauce on the market.

I'm going to take a couple of those big plastic containers of that home with
me. I just hope the baggage handlers don't burst it in my bags!

ant

Old February 7th 05, 03:44 PM
snoig

wrote:

like wings (chicken arms).

Wings are one of my specialties:

http://wings.astropax.com/

-Astro

Mmmm, Mmmmm. Almost my recipe exactly. You gotta love Franks. I also add
some diced chipolte peppers and a small jar of plum sauce to the Franks for
a little sweetness.

I also throw in the wings in the oven for about 45 minutes at about 400
degrees before I fry them, just to render some of the fat out of them. It
makes the oil last much longer if you have a big batch (or do this for a
resturaunt) and it makes the wings fry up a bit faster and crisper.

snoig

Old February 7th 05, 03:53 PM
Chuck

ant wrote:
"AstroPax" wrote in message

I get the 64 oz. jugs of "Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper
Sauce" at Super Wal-Mart:

http://wings.astropax.com/franks.jpg

IMO, it's the best hot sauce on the market.

I'm going to take a couple of those big plastic containers of that home with
me. I just hope the baggage handlers don't burst it in my bags!

ant

Just make sure take some wings in the same bag. If they do burst then it
won't be a total loss.

--
To reply by email remove "_nospam"

Old February 8th 05, 03:34 AM
LePheaux

"pigo" wrote in message
"ant" wrote in message

I had chicken arms for dinner tonight. And NOW I know why my wings at
home have never been any good, you have to deep fry them!!!! argh. I
love that vinergery orange sauce, and some nice ranch to put them in.
Food of the Gods. yum yum yum.
I think this year I will take some large containers of wing sauce home
with me, you just can't get the proper stuff (or ranch).

I like mine with blue cheese. You can get "Ranch" in dry packets that you
mix with mayo or sour cream or something like that.

Ya Me too.
I picked up the blue cheese thing in south florida's ale houses.
mmm mmmm good.