Lets get this newsgroup going !

Old August 6th 03, 09:59 AM
Lew Lasher

Default Lets get this newsgroup going !

Yeah, it looks like RBR seriously needs to get its act together.
Anyone with extra typing time available should go directly to RBR and try to get
them to be more discriminating and parsimonious in their posting habits!

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts

According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

Old August 6th 03, 11:49 AM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= J999w /:
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

Have you ever read rbr? Its non stop trash talk between those that
love Armstrong and those that don't (ie Euro v Americano). Its quite
boring.

I'll take the 98 messages here anyday.

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca
Old August 6th 03, 03:27 PM
sknyski

Until snow falls on a regular basis in Texas, we'll probably always
trail them.

Does your study normalize for seasonal differences? I've noticed that
RSN postings decline in the summer. Has anyone else noticed this?
Can anyone explain this?

bt
Old August 6th 03, 03:33 PM
revyakin

They should also take into count % of spam that gtoups RBR and
rec.running get. I used to read rec.running, but gave up very quickly.

(J999w) wrote in message ...
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

jw
milwaukee

Old August 6th 03, 10:39 PM
Gene Goldenfeld

Chris aside, I suspect different newsgroups get more weeks of messages
saved based on traffic and the choices of which ISP or agent is handling
each server.

Gene

Matt Morency wrote:

(J999w) wrote in message ...
According to the AOL newsgroup reader, RSN has 98 current postings , while RBR
has 11,979 !

C'mon ... we've got a lot of typing to do !

jw
milwaukee

Potter is on vacation. That is the excuse I am using.
--Matt