torrents

Old November 27th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default torrents

Anybody with a Mac have difficulty with the recent race downloads? I
got the download but all I get when I try to play it back is audio, no
video, despite decoding and converting with various decoders and
converters in an attempt to get it to play with Quicktime. I have
converted it to an .mov with no luck. It's apparent format at this
point is MPEG Layer 3, WMV3 or something like that.
Anybody have any ideas? I'm totally new to torrents.
TY.
Old November 27th 07, 01:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition ®

wrote in message
On Nov 26, 7:20 pm, wrote:
Anybody with a Mac have difficulty with the recent race downloads? I
got the download but all I get when I try to play it back is audio, no
video, despite decoding and converting with various decoders and
converters in an attempt to get it to play with Quicktime. I have
converted it to an .mov with no luck. It's apparent format at this
point is MPEG Layer 3, WMV3 or something like that.
Anybody have any ideas? I'm totally new to torrents.
TY.

I,m having problems also. I cannot play the mens Beitostolen
download. It is an AVI file that I try to play with DivX, but I get a
message stating the file contains video data FOURCC code "WMV3" not
recognized by the DivX player. Does anyone know what video codec I
need to install to view the file or is impossible to do so?

Jim

Download VLC player, both for PC and Mac. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Old November 27th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Nov 26, 9:32 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition (R)"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 26, 7:20 pm, wrote:
[...]

In the avalanche of decoders and other assorted software I tried, I
did try VLC, both an older version and a new one. No luck.
Old November 27th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Nov 26, 7:32 pm, "Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - Global Warming Edition (R)"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Nov 26, 7:20 pm, wrote:
Anybody with a Mac have difficulty with the recent race downloads? I
got the download but all I get when I try to play it back is audio, no
video, despite decoding and converting with various decoders and
converters in an attempt to get it to play with Quicktime. I have
converted it to an .mov with no luck. It's apparent format at this
point is MPEG Layer 3, WMV3 or something like that.
Anybody have any ideas? I'm totally new to torrents.
TY.

I,m having problems also. I cannot play the mens Beitostolen
download. It is an AVI file that I try to play with DivX, but I get a
message stating the file contains video data FOURCC code "WMV3" not
recognized by the DivX player. Does anyone know what video codec I
need to install to view the file or is impossible to do so?

Jim

Download VLC player, both for PC and Mac. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/- Hide quoted text -

I download the VLC Player for PC and I am able to view the AVI file -
THANKS!

Jim

Old November 27th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

http://www.filehippo.com/
This will give you the K Lite Codec Pack
Old November 27th 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Anybody have any ideas? I'm totally new to torrents.
TY.

As others have suggested, VLC. I downloaded it and installed on
Windows XP and could play the mens individual race fine.
http://www.videolan.org/
Old November 28th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Clausen

snip
Thanks Jim, that cured the problems that I was having. Apparantly microsoft
has programmed its media player not to accept the codecs that will play
these avi files. I had no problems last winter with the torrents on an
older version of windows media player.

Jeff

Download VLC player, both for PC and Mac. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Old November 28th 07, 01:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

On Nov 27, 9:55 am, dardruba wrote:
http://www.filehippo.com/
This will give you the K Lite Codec Pack

Thanks for all the help, but I guess this is a Mac thing and it looks
as though K-lite is only for Windows. Well, if anybody has any more
suggestions, let me know. Still no luck with the file.