Sudden end to "life" at Killington

Old November 19th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default Sudden end to "life" at Killington

Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

Food's the easy part. The challenge is keeping the beer at the proper
temperature.

Er, you're in snow country!

Exactly. It's typically 5 to 35 degrees Farenheit outside (that's -15 to
2 C for those using non-antiquated measurement systems) That's too cold,
and by the time it's warm enough for the beer, it's too warm for the snow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer#Serving_temperature

Cricky. Do I have to tell you everything about life in snow country?
Drink a *good* beer and you'll want to drink to warm - the problem then
becomes getting it warm enough, easily solved by putting it next to the
wood stove.
Old November 19th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Walt

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

Food's the easy part. The challenge is keeping the beer at the proper
temperature.

Er, you're in snow country!

Exactly. It's typically 5 to 35 degrees Farenheit outside (that's -15
to 2 C for those using non-antiquated measurement systems) That's too
cold, and by the time it's warm enough for the beer, it's too warm for
the snow.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer#Serving_temperature

Cricky. Do I have to tell you everything about life in snow country?
Drink a *good* beer and you'll want to drink to warm - the problem then
becomes getting it warm enough, easily solved by putting it next to the
wood stove.

Well, if the hotel had a wood stove in the room I'd be all set. Maybe
I could use the iron after I've finished making the grilled cheese?

//Walt
Old November 19th 07, 10:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Richard Henry wrote:
On Nov 18, 6:28 pm, VtSkier wrote:
Steve wrote:
In article ,
Walt wrote:
-
-Food's the easy part. The challenge is keeping the beer at the proper
-temperature.
-
-//Walt
Huh? In the winter? In a room with a window?
Steve

Yes, often too cold. Might freeze (horrors)
A frequently flushed toilet tank is best.
(memories of college days a LONG time ago)
Note that partaking of the beer WILL keep
the toilet tank at the proper temperature.

I have a memory of a poster from my college days that showed a beer
drinker standing at a toilet, passing beer in from a can with one hand
while passing it out to the can with the other.

The photo that I saw was a dude doing the same
thing... beside the road with headlights illuminating
the scene.
Old November 20th 07, 11:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_9_]

Suzieflame wrote:
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:23:26 +1100, "ant"
wrote:

klaus wrote:
Walt wrote:

Well, Harbour Springs is hardly the destination resort that PC is.
And I don't think I'd be happy *living* there for a season - a
hotel room is fine for weekends or even a week, but no access to a
kitchen would get old soon.

dOOd, almost all hotel rooms have a kitchen. Use the iron to make
grilled cheese.

I've known of people take hotel-style rooms, and then go deracinate
the walmart kitchen gadgets department, and then make use of the
returns policy when they were done. Bit of a rotten trick to serve,
even on walmart, but it did work.

Was this Scott Abraham by any chance?

No, two of Deer Valley's finest, as it happens. For years they fitted out
their apartment in this way.

I thought it was a bit much. PC needs a thrift store.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old November 20th 07, 11:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_9_]

lal_truckee wrote:
Walt wrote:
ant wrote:
Walt wrote:

Food's the easy part. The challenge is keeping the beer at the
proper temperature.

Er, you're in snow country!

Exactly. It's typically 5 to 35 degrees Farenheit outside (that's
-15 to 2 C for those using non-antiquated measurement systems)
That's too cold, and by the time it's warm enough for the beer, it's
too warm for the snow.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beer#Serving_temperature

Cricky. Do I have to tell you everything about life in snow country?
Drink a *good* beer and you'll want to drink to warm - the problem
then becomes getting it warm enough, easily solved by putting it next
to the wood stove.

Lager should be served ice cold, in frosty glasses. Ours is! And each beer,
you get a new frosty glass from the fridge.