Rossignol Quality Control

Old March 20th 06, 12:32 AM

Default Rossignol Quality Control

Has anyone else had a problem with Rossignols? I purchased a pair of
Xium NIS2 last December. The skis performed outstanding, however, I
waxed them 3 - 4 times (very gently, they had also been hotboxed) and
the glue holding the base pulverized on one pair - creating a mushy
soft spot about 4cm long.

I sent them back to Rossignol and they sent a new pair without a
problem (2 months later due to lack of inventory). I examined the new
pair and I noticed one ski is about a 1/2 centimeter longer than the
other. I determined balance points and the longer skis balance point is
about 0.5 cm closer to the tip than the other ski's balance point. Will
this make a difference or am I being too anal...it just irritates me
that one ski is noticeably longer.

Also, a friend of mine purchased the Xium classics. He scraped them
after they had been hotboxed and they were delaminated. Is this
Rossignols reputation?

Jim

Old March 20th 06, 12:56 AM

On 19 Mar 2006 16:32:43 -0800, "Jim Howe" wrote:
I determined balance points and the longer skis balance point is
about 0.5 cm closer to the tip than the other ski's balance point.

This wouldn't surprise me for any brand of skis.

JFT

****************************
Remove "remove" to reply
Visit http://www.jt10000.com
Old March 21st 06, 03:07 AM

I've had 4 pairs of top-of-the-line Rossi skate skis in the past 10
years. One older (pre-Xium) ski developed a problem after about 5
years: with one-half to full weight the tip turned to the right
somewhat and the ski tended to turn in that direction. It wasn't a
disastrous problem but it was annoying. The other pairs have performed
well and have been durable.