Monarch still good

Old February 4th 05, 05:23 PM
MattB

Default Monarch still good

I was just away visiting my parents for a week in Southern Michigan. I
decided against trying to ski Brighton, Alpine Valley, or any of the
other local "mountains" and waited until I got back.
As a nice welcome back to the mountains I skied Monarch on Wednesday.
They had 4" new over night, 4" the night before, and 18" the night
before that. Temps had stayed pretty low so the powder was really nice
and dry. I was still bottoming out onto the pack here and there which I
could feel had really firmed up from some warm days since the last big
snow.
I had my cousin from Australia with me and he'd never skied (snowboarded
in his case - I try not to hold that against him) powder like this and
was loving it.
I have a few (touron-style) snapshots at:
http://mattb.net/pics.aspx?gal=2005-02-03%20(Another%20nice%20powder%20day%20at%20Monarch %20with%20cousin%20Rob%20and%20Jackie)
or http://tinyurl.com/4xtpr

Matt

Old February 15th 05, 05:23 AM
Mark A Framness

MattB wrote:

I was just away visiting my parents for a week in Southern Michigan. I
decided against trying to ski Brighton, Alpine Valley, or any of the
other local "mountains" and waited until I got back.
As a nice welcome back to the mountains I skied Monarch on Wednesday.
They had 4" new over night, 4" the night before, and 18" the night
before that. Temps had stayed pretty low so the powder was really nice
and dry. I was still bottoming out onto the pack here and there which I
could feel had really firmed up from some warm days since the last big
snow.

I skied Monarch on the 9th & 10th and really enjoyed myself especially on
the 10th. I am not a poweder skier (yet) so I kept it on the groomed runs.

From: Mark A Framness
http: http://www.framnett.net/index.html

With all of thy getting, get understanding!
Proverbs 4:7

Old February 15th 05, 08:24 PM
TexasSkiNut

Monique said:
http://tinyurl.com/4xtpr

I just went to these links. Both give me "Server Error
in '/' Application. Runtime Error" and more.

They worked for me the other day, but now I get the same error. Try
going to his home page of http://mattb.net/ then clicking on the pics
link or maybe jumping to http://mattb.net/pics.aspx and see what
happens.

Old February 15th 05, 10:38 PM
MattB

TexasSkiNut wrote:
Monique said:

http://tinyurl.com/4xtpr

I just went to these links. Both give me "Server Error
in '/' Application. Runtime Error" and more.

They worked for me the other day, but now I get the same error. Try
going to his home page of http://mattb.net/ then clicking on the pics
link or maybe jumping to http://mattb.net/pics.aspx and see what
happens.

Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I renamed something and figured I'd break some
links, but also figured everyone had already looked who was going to.

My site is starved for attention, but my son isn't .

But, I just made a quick-fix that should help with the bad links and
just put you at the most recently added gallery if the specified one
isn't there. I also (hopefully) improved error handling a little.

Matt

PS - Monarch is where I learned to ski powder - it's great for that!

Old February 15th 05, 10:48 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, MattB penned:

My site is starved for attention, but my son isn't .

Sounds like all is as it should be, then =)

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old February 16th 05, 02:19 AM
Mark A Framness

Mark A Framness wrote:

I skied Monarch on the 9th & 10th and really enjoyed myself especially on
the 10th. I am not a poweder skier (yet) so I kept it on the groomed runs.

Some pix at:

http://bloggerbeer.blogspot.com/2005...owboarder.html
http://bloggerbeer.blogspot.com/2005...al-divide.html

From: Mark A Framness

Old February 16th 05, 04:06 AM
MattB

Mark A Framness wrote:
snip
Cool. I live on the other side of the round mountain, Tomichi Dome: