Aleyska

Old November 29th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
helibrdr

Default Aleyska

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something different. Would be going end of
Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

Thanks!

Old November 29th 07, 04:22 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Nov 29, 9:55 am, "helibrdr" wrote:
Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something different. Would be going end of
Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

Thanks!

With Global Warming marching on, Aleyska is a sure bet to have snow.
Old November 29th 07, 05:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
helibrdr

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am
taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something different. Would be going end
of
Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at
Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

Thanks!

With Global Warming marching on, Aleyska is a sure bet to have snow.

They have had 237" this month and 40" in October!

Old November 29th 07, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Norm

"helibrdr" wrote in message news:fin1o8

Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at
Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

Thanks!

With Global Warming marching on, Aleyska is a sure bet to have snow.

They have had 237" this month and 40" in October!

Aleyeska's looked good to me for a long time as well.

One thing to ask about before you send a deposit for heli - Short days.
Later in the season gets better but in Dec/early Jan I'm guessing its about
a 4 hour day.

Old November 29th 07, 10:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
TexasSkiNut

On Nov 29, 3:13 pm, "Norm" wrote:
One thing to ask about before you send a deposit for heli - Short days.
Later in the season gets better but in Dec/early Jan I'm guessing its about
a 4 hour day.

According to http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneDay.php
it'd be a little less than 8 hours on January 31 (using N61.0,
W149.1).

January 1 the day would only be 5:44. Of course, twilight lasts a lot
longer up there...
Old November 29th 07, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:55:35 -0500, "helibrdr"
wrote this crap:

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something different. Would be going end of
Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

My sister has been there. She only had good things to say about it.

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."
Old November 30th 07, 01:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
helibrdr

With Global Warming marching on, Aleyska is a sure bet to have snow.

They have had 237" this month and 40" in October!

Aleyeska's looked good to me for a long time as well.

One thing to ask about before you send a deposit for heli - Short days.
Later in the season gets better but in Dec/early Jan I'm guessing its
about a 4 hour day.

I looked into that and they don't even offer heli until February because of
that. They say the best heli time is march/April up there.

Old November 30th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Harry Weiner

wrote this crap:

Anybody ever been to Aleyska? Worth the trip? Worth a few days? I am taking
my nephew on a trip for graduating college and he has been to CO/UT/Tahoe
quite a bit and was looking for something different. Would be going end of
Jan. Was also looking at British Columbia/Alberta road trip starting at Red
Mtn and ending at Lake Louise. Alaska looked good and thought MAYBE a
heliday in the area if conditions are worth it.

My sister has been there. She only had good things to say about it.

Post pics.

She doesn't look good in a white tank top and orange shorts.