Le Praz / Courchevel 1300 accomodation

Old January 11th 10, 10:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
whitehead1972

Default Le Praz / Courchevel 1300 accomodation

Hi, has anyone on here stayed in Le Praz and can recommend
accomodation for a couple with a three-year-old. There doesn't seem to
be much on offer for the lower end of the bracket - unless I'm looking
in the wrong place... Cheers
Old January 12th 10, 08:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

whitehead1972 wrote:
Hi, has anyone on here stayed in Le Praz and can recommend
accomodation for a couple with a three-year-old. There doesn't seem to
be much on offer for the lower end of the bracket - unless I'm looking
in the wrong place... Cheers

Although it's one of my favourite villages, accomodation-wise there
isn't much in Le Praz apart from the hotel(s), catered chalets and s/c
chalets for 4 adults.
As a result we (as a couple) often stay in La Tania where there is more
choice and some smaller s/c apartments that you might be OK with this
season (where we get the feelng a few peope are desperate for bookings).
Take a look at here for a list of everything in La Tania:
http://www.latania.co.uk/

Strongly recommen Le Bouc Blanc at the top of the La Tania gondola for
lunch....

Good Luck.
Old January 12th 10, 08:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Paul S

"BrritSki" wrote in message
whitehead1972 wrote:

....snipsy...

Strongly recommend Le Bouc Blanc at the top of the La Tania gondola for
lunch....

Good Luck.

Oh yes - brings back memories of omlettes to die for :-)

and echo comments on La Tania
--
Paul S

Old January 13th 10, 11:28 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

BrritSki wrote:
whitehead1972 wrote:
Hi, has anyone on here stayed in Le Praz and can recommend
accomodation for a couple with a three-year-old. There doesn't seem to
be much on offer for the lower end of the bracket - unless I'm looking
in the wrong place... Cheers

Although it's one of my favourite villages, accomodation-wise there
isn't much in Le Praz apart from the hotel(s), catered chalets and s/c
chalets for 4 adults.
As a result we (as a couple) often stay in La Tania where there is more
choice and some smaller s/c apartments that you might be OK with this
season (where we get the feelng a few peope are desperate for bookings).
Take a look at here for a list of everything in La Tania:
http://www.latania.co.uk/

Strongly recommen Le Bouc Blanc at the top of the La Tania gondola for
lunch....

Good Luck.

Just received an email from these people:

http://www.chalet2ski.co.uk/

Never stayed there, so no idea if good or not, and possibly not what
you'd consider "lower end", but maybe interesting if they let the
toddler share your room.

We have stayed with these people though in their other s/c chalet and
they are very nice and helpful:

http://www.chaletvaleriane.co.uk/

Agin, define "lower end" :/
Old January 14th 10, 04:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
whitehead1972

On 13 Jan, 11:28, BrritSki wrote:
BrritSki wrote:
whitehead1972 wrote:
[...]

Agin, define "lower end" *:/- Hide quoted text -

I'm going out to visit my sister who is working the season there. I
had intentions of staying with her but the owners have put their foot
down that if we all stay with her (there's seven of us) it would make
the chalet over-occupied and affect insurance.
So I'm not looking for a catered chalet holiday in the true sense of
the term - just somewhere to crash every night as I'll be out and
about with my sister most of the time...
So "lower end"... just one of those tiny apartments that used to be
ubiquitous in the 1980s would suit me - think Arc 1800...
Old January 14th 10, 05:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
BrritSki

BrritSki wrote:
whitehead1972 wrote:
[...]

Call Helen at chalet Valeriane. They have another s/c chalet (or used to
have one) with 2 bedrooms and a sofa bed which might neet your criteria
of "lower end". If she can't help I'm sure she'll try and point you at
someone who can....
Old January 26th 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
scott w

BrritSki wrote:
whitehead1972 wrote:
[...]

someone who can....- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks for all the advice. Accomodation is now sorted - a one-bed
apartment in Grand Bois, La Tania. More than I wanted to pay but the
spec seems nice and the cost was almost a third of what British tour
operators wanted for the same apartment!