Kicking Horse Pass

Old February 9th 04, 04:29 PM
Don Lee

Default Kicking Horse Pass

Just returned from a trip to Kicking Horse Pass in BC interior and was quite
impressed with the skiing terrain. Anyone with similar experience?

--
Remove 'NOSPAM' for email

Old February 9th 04, 04:35 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

"Don Lee" writes:

Just returned from a trip to Kicking Horse Pass in BC interior and was quite
impressed with the skiing terrain. Anyone with similar experience?

I've been to Panorama last week and was thinking about going to Kicking
Horse for a day (a trip from Panorama, including lift pass for a day, was
CND$69.00), but someone told me that KH needed new snow and that the runs
were rather bumpy and not so soft (and powdery!) as one expects there so I
decided not to go. Is that true, or was someone just talking BS to me?

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Old February 9th 04, 06:30 PM
Don Lee

I find Kicking Horse one serious ski hill and loved it. It did not receive
any new snow for 1 week and yet the snow remained reasonably soft. Very
little scratchy spots. Over 75% runs are black or double black and they are
all separated from the blues and greens. Most runs are long mogul fields
and steep pitch. Good gladed runs but also steep. Excellent mountain for
strong skiers, but not so good for intermediates and beginners. I would say
that their blue runs are the same as some black runs elsewhere (I ski at
Whistler/Blackcomb all the time). One local skier who happened to be in our
gondola referred Panarama as Icerama...Is there any truth?

--
Don

(remove 'NOSPAM' for email address)

Old February 9th 04, 06:37 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

"Don Lee" writes:

I've been to Panorama last week and was thinking about going to Kicking
Horse for a day (a trip from Panorama, including lift pass for a day, was
CND$69.00), but someone told me that KH needed new snow and that the runs
were rather bumpy and not so soft (and powdery!) as one expects there so I
decided not to go. Is that true, or was someone just talking BS to me?

I find Kicking Horse one serious ski hill and loved it. It did not receive
any new snow for 1 week and yet the snow remained reasonably soft. Very
little scratchy spots.

Thanks Don. So, I should have gone to KH. Damn. Next time I will.

[snip]

Whistler/Blackcomb all the time). One local skier who happened to be in our
gondola referred Panarama as Icerama...Is there any truth?

Don't know. We got some 25cm of fresh snow on the day of our arrival and it
was snowing before as well so we were pretty happy. No ice spots, at least
none for us eastern-type-skiers who happen to live in Toronto.

Bye, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Old February 9th 04, 10:17 PM
Jason

"Don Lee" writes:

Just returned from a trip to Kicking Horse Pass in BC interior and was

quite
impressed with the skiing terrain. Anyone with similar experience?

I've been to Panorama last week and was thinking about going to Kicking
Horse for a day (a trip from Panorama, including lift pass for a day, was
CND$69.00), but someone told me that KH needed new snow and that the runs
were rather bumpy and not so soft (and powdery!) as one expects there so I
decided not to go. Is that true, or was someone just talking BS to me?

I was in Kicking Horse last Wednesday and there was plenty of snow. It
hadn't snowed since the previous Saturday so the powder was fairly tracked
out but the low temperatures (-10 to -20 degrees centigrade) ensured the
conditions remained superb.

- Jason

Old February 10th 04, 02:56 AM
Don Lee

There will definitely a next time for me too

--

Remove NOSPAM for email:

"Dragan Cvetkovic" wrote in message
..

Thanks Don. So, I should have gone to KH. Damn. Next time I will.

Old February 10th 04, 01:54 PM
Gogh of Lôrien

"Don Lee" wrote in message
I would definitely say that the mountain is one of the better mountains

that
I had skied on.

Don, do you have any link ?

Old February 10th 04, 03:41 PM
Dragan Cvetkovic

"Gogh of Lôrien" writes:

"Don Lee" wrote in message
I would definitely say that the mountain is one of the better mountains

that
I had skied on.

Don, do you have any link ?

Start with http://www.kickinghorseresort.com/

HTH, Dragan

--
Dragan Cvetkovic,

Old February 10th 04, 08:00 PM
Don Lee

As Dragon already wrote, start with the resort link. I am sure you can
Google search for more interesting links. If you are going soon, I can show
you how to get to some interesting runs one local showed me...not over the
cliff stuff.