BINDINGS: Salomon SPX carbon, Drake Podium, Burton C-16

Old November 13th 03, 05:55 AM
dhl28

Default BINDINGS: Salomon SPX carbon, Drake Podium, Burton C-16

I am interested in Salomon SPX carbon, Drake Podium or Burton C-16 and
I want to know some info about them. I know all of them contain
carbon highbacks and etc, but I like very stiff setting. So,which one
is the most responsive (Stiffest) binding? Also, which one is the
lightest one? I am using Malamute boots and Drake Matrix now. Any
input would be appreciated.
Old November 13th 03, 06:30 AM
Juan Parra

i wear salomon boots, and i have tried
both the spx and the podium. the fit of the spx is
like a glove compared with the podium...
based on that, which would you think is the
most reponsive? :-)

juani

ps: i have not tried the c-16, and never will ;-)

om...

Old November 13th 03, 07:58 AM
Iain D

dhl28 wrote:
I am interested in Salomon SPX carbon, Drake Podium or Burton C-16 and
I want to know some info about them. I know all of them contain
carbon highbacks and etc, but I like very stiff setting. So,which one
is the most responsive (Stiffest) binding? Also, which one is the
lightest one? I am using Malamute boots and Drake Matrix now. Any
input would be appreciated.

If you want stiffest, why not go to step-ins (e.g. clickers) or even
hard boots?

--
IainD at ukme dot me dot uk

Old November 13th 03, 04:54 PM
Jason Watkins

I have the spx6 and use malmutes. I've found it to be as stiff as the
carbon, just a bit heavier. The fit between boot and binding is really
good, comfy and responsive. I wasn't so impressed with the C-16.

If you really want monster stiff, don't forget to take a look at the
carbon highback flow bindings. A lot of stores only carry the
soft'n'mushy freestyle flows, but they have some BX ones that are
really stiff and with a shaped tounge piece that really locks you
down.
Old November 13th 03, 04:55 PM
Jason Watkins

Ohh... and if you want the most responsive biding in the world, it's
the catek freeride (www.catek.com).
Old November 13th 03, 09:35 PM
Arvin Chang

Do you own a pair? It's quite a pricey binding, looks impressive, what
other bindings have you ridden?

--arvin

Old November 14th 03, 06:27 AM
dhl28

I've done some more research and I think I am going to try Salomon SPX
carbon ro Burton C-16. Does anybody have any opinion/experience on
which binding is stiffer/more responsive?
Old November 14th 03, 01:57 PM
Biff

I looked at various bindings, the Salomon, and the Burton C-16 and P1-HD.
The Burtons seemed more adjustable than the Salomons, I do not know about
relative stiffness.

I could not find a reason to justify the cost of the Burton C-16 over the
P1-HD. The adjustability is about the same, the C-16 is lighter and
supposedly stiffer, but I could not see anything which justifies the cost.

Indeed, I think in the C-16 a part of the cost is the Italian leather
strap holders.

I have thought a lot about getting the Catek, but in the end I decided to
wait a bit, and see what the consensus is as more people ride them.

For boot, I am using the Northwave APX 9; it fit me better than comparable
Salomons or Burtons.