Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

Old November 17th 10, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

Default Speed: Boards vs. Skis??

On Nov 17, 1:01*pm, "Bob F" wrote:
wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 21:50:00 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

ONLY on weekdays and only when there's some kind of discount and
there's some other good reason for going there. *Last time was in
Feb or March when I gave the grandspawn snowboard lessons for their
birthdays. Closer and cheaper than Big Bear and hey, they're only
SNOWBOARD lessons for chrissake!

You encourage children to snowboard? *I shall have to report you to
the proper authorities for child abuse.

I encourage seniors to snowboard. What are you going to do about that?

Always thought you were a sick , cowardly freak with a sadistic
streak, thanks for confirming that.
Old November 17th 10, 11:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 13:01:43 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote this crap:

You encourage children to snowboard? I shall have to report you to
the proper authorities for child abuse.

I encourage seniors to snowboard. What are you going to do about that?

I will have my minions find out where you live. Then I will raise an
army and BURN YOUR VILLAGE TO THE GROUND!

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old November 18th 10, 01:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Don Bosco Billy Bosco

On Nov 16, 4:13*pm, Ted Waldron wrote:
In article om,

*gr wrote:
I was wondering; given the same snow and path; which is faster Skis or
Snowboards?
gr

*I *say skis, because double the edges and it less wind drag or a better
wind drag coefficient being in a tuck on skis, with the right low drag
coefficient *helmet, compare to a snowboard, which probably has the wind
resistance of a barn door.

Wind resistance notwithstanding, skis are universally faster than
snowboards across all sub disciplines because the biomechanics of
skiing permit a wide range movements (ie skating, balancing) while
permitting fine motor control of subtle movements that permit
acceleration and cleaner turning.

OTOH snowboarding is easier to learn because it relies primarily on
gross motor movements.

See the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w7sVSMbjyM
Old November 18th 10, 01:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Yabahoobs

On Nov 17, 2:38*am, wrote:

Threats? *What threat? *You really are losing it Horvie.

The, "or else," is a clear threat.

And this is where King Puss will go silent.
Old November 18th 10, 02:18 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/17/10 18:07, Ted Waldron wrote:

It reminds of tightrope walking but at around 160-200 kmh.

Well voile did make a split board for many years, but all the boarders
that I went backcountry skiing with, most of the time did the snowshoe
and carried the board to the top.

See the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w7sVSMbjyM

Truly inspiring. The practitioners have much to be proud of.

I have seen the x-cross country snowboard technique many times on the
flat part of Whistler next to the reservoir, below the Peak Chair,You
would think it was a religious ceremony, with all the jumping and
bending, to get closer to their snowboard god.

--
Cheers, Bev

Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the straps.
Old November 18th 10, 02:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/17/10 13:00, Bob F wrote:

The Real Bev wrote:
On 11/16/10 20:46, Richard Henry wrote:

On Nov 16, 7:56 pm, The Real wrote:

Local area Mountain High instructors don't even mention the
inadvisability of doing things like that to the students. Just
one more reason it's a crappy hill.

My opinion of Mt. High is that it is not worth wasting a good
skiing day, but that it might be ok for a weekday. Have you ever
been there on a weekday?

ONLY on weekdays and only when there's some kind of discount and
there's some other good reason for going there. Last time was in
Feb or March when I gave the grandspawn snowboard lessons for their
birthdays. Closer and cheaper than Big Bear and hey, they're only
SNOWBOARD lessons for chrissake!

From what you said above, not a very good place for a snowboard
lesson.

Actually, I don't think it matters much. My older grandspawn did fine
there. If all you need is equipment, a long gentle slope and someone
who has actually snowboarded before, it's an OK place. For real
skiing, it's a ghetto full of hoodlums and incompetent cops.

If they don't teach basic safety rules, I would have reason to doubt.

Old November 18th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Nov 17, 5:21*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
it's a ghetto full of hoodlums and incompetent cops.

You shouldn't talk about your friends and Shirey that way.
Old November 18th 10, 05:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Nov 17, 5:35*pm, Yabahoobs wrote:
On Nov 17, 2:38*am, wrote:

Threats? *What threat? *You really are losing it Horvie.

The, "or else," is a clear threat.

And this is where King Puss will go silent.

Pray tell, which of those amongst you is "King Puss"?
You're a common pussy. Barely worth mentioning, though you have your
moments, like bragging about setting a meet when you knew I was in
Idaho, never showing up at tennis, and attending the IDAHO PUSSY
PARTY!!!
Horvath? Your buddy Tranny Boob Thompson? Enquiring minds want to
know......
Old November 18th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Nov 17, 2:38*am, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 12:27:37 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Nov 16, 10:09 am, wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 09:40:13 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:
Excuse me? Dumb**** newbies aren't allowed to post on topic bull****
here. Or else.

More threats.

Threats? *What threat? *You really are losing it Horvie.

The, "or else," is a clear threat.

Do us a favor and paint the walls of your basement
bedroom with your brains. This world would be a better place with you
in hell.

Horvie, Horvie. *You ain't even got the nads to directly threaten me,
which is what you really want to do. *So you do this pussy suicide
crap, which as we both know, is a clear threat. *Skirt the law like
the pussy you are.

When I come for you, you'll never see me. *

More threats, pppppuuuusssssyyyyy. And you are such a
ppppppuuuuuuussssssyyyyy you won't even man up and let me know you are
there.
How pathetic. How cowardly. How typical of you.

So do yourself a favor and
do the job yourself.

Another clear threat from Pussy Joe.

Just think, all your enemies will just disappear.

All of my enemies HAVE disappeared, Pussy Joe. None of you have ever
been man enough to spew your **** in person. None of you ever will
be. You're just a pathetic, laughable, ludicrous pussy blowing ****
while hiding behind your computer, pppppppppuuuuuuuussssssssyyyyy.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA