A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Nordic Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Improving longer distance?

Old February 4th 07, 05:00 PM

First recorded activity by SkiBanter: Feb 2007
Question Improving longer distance?

I do fairly well in shorter races but when I get much over an hour I fatigue, (esp legs) and my technique suffers, and some of the people I worked so hard to pass return the favor. Any general suggestions for improving more in longer races?
background: fiftyish master skier, 6 years racing, regular skier for 10, gradual SLOW improvement, weak right leg from old ACL tear and reconstruction (done in the days before they had the operation fully worked out) Have always had good general strength but never much of an endurance guy prior to last 10 years.
Thanks
Ads