good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

Old July 10th 03, 10:50 PM
jonathan storey

Default good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

hi, i'm planning a 2 weeker to serre chevalier late december time
(15-29 ish) - just wondering if anyone has any past experiences to
flesh out what the snow is like around that area at that time of year
(give or take a few cm.... Would there be a better french resort
to go to at that time of year ( i'd like to do a 2 weeker in december
& another 2 weeker in early 2004)?
Hope you can spread some light, i did austria 2003 & whistler 2003 on
the spur of the moment & got excellent conditions, i'm a little
concerned that if i prebook this one the heavens are gonna take a
disliking to my planning.....
Cheers
Old July 11th 03, 04:09 PM
A. B. Normal

(jonathan storey) wrote in
om:

hi, i'm planning a 2 weeker to serre chevalier late december time
(15-29 ish) - just wondering if anyone has any past experiences to
flesh out what the snow is like around that area at that time of year
(give or take a few cm.... Would there be a better french resort
to go to at that time of year ( i'd like to do a 2 weeker in december
& another 2 weeker in early 2004)?
Hope you can spread some light, i did austria 2003 & whistler 2003 on
the spur of the moment & got excellent conditions, i'm a little
concerned that if i prebook this one the heavens are gonna take a
disliking to my planning.....
Cheers

Are you an American (or a Britt for that matter)? Why not find somewhere
else to ski. It's high time France paid for their repeated arrogant
behaviour. Boycotting French goods and travel is a great place to start.

Whenever I think of France I think of a country who on multiple occasions
has endangered American lives, and protected convicted murderers. When
they needed us in WW II we risked our lives to help them. When we needed
them for things as simple as allowing planes to fly over their airspace
to apprehend terrorists they said no. We need them to simply step aside
and let us take care of Sadaam Hussein, they stand in vehement opposition
and make themselves our enemy. When we needed them to hand over Ira
Einhorn to begin serving his sentence for murder, they refused for
decades. Remember these things when deciding to go to France. If you can
still do it in good conscience, and if you are American, you need to have
your head examined.
Old July 11th 03, 05:17 PM
bdubya

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:09:18 GMT, "A. B. Normal"
wrote:

(jonathan storey) wrote in
. com:

[...]

Pardon the phrase, but...
Don't tell me what to do, dumbass.

bw
--
"The innocent shall suffer. BIG TIME."
-Ignignokt
Old July 11th 03, 05:44 PM
Sam Seiber

bdubya wrote:
Pardon the phrase, but...
Don't tell me what to do, dumbass.

bw

Welllllll, when the phrase applies, there is no reason
for the pardon. Right? Plus, I rather like the phrase.

Sam "ObSki: 15 weeks to Loveland opening" Seiber

ps. Man, this 90+ degree heat here in Denver sure
gives me the jones for ski weather.
Old July 11th 03, 06:46 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Summer skiing (was good snow december time in serre chevalier ??

Sam Seiber wrote:

ps. Man, this 90+ degree heat here in Denver sure
gives me the jones for ski weather.

Then go skiing! Trip report from 5 July:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Sundance/Sundance.html

It might be good one more weekend. Keep hanging on.

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old July 11th 03, 07:20 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Let Mikey Ski It! typed:
Sam Seiber wrote:

ps. Man, this 90+ degree heat here in Denver sure
gives me the jones for ski weather.

Then go skiing! Trip report from 5 July:

http://homepage.mac.com/saemisch/Sundance/Sundance.html

It might be good one more weekend. Keep hanging on.

With a little creativity one can ski every month of the year, year
after year. I once had a streak of 76 months long before I ended it.
;-)
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,

Old July 12th 03, 01:32 AM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

bdubya wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:09:18 GMT, "A. B. Normal"
wrote:

(jonathan storey) wrote in
. com:

[...]

Some people seem to forget that France almost single-handedly
supported our war against the British a couple+ centuries ago, or none
of us would be calling it the USA!
Old July 12th 03, 03:26 PM
bdubya

On 11 Jul 2003 18:32:17 -0700, (H. R. Bob Hofmann)
wrote:

bdubya wrote in message . ..
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:09:18 GMT, "A. B. Normal"
wrote:

(jonathan storey) wrote in
. com:

[...]

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

bw
Old July 12th 03, 04:04 PM
pigo

"bdubya" wrote in message

Some people also forget that thanks in part to us the French are FREE,
which means they _don't_ have to take orders from our president.

I don't think people forget that. I don't. They are as free to "not take
orders" (I would call it reciprocate some cooperation) as we are to
ignore or even actively work contrary to their best interest (as they
have done to us).
The old "goose/gander" rule.
The problem is they can afford to "go under". We have been here to save
them. Do you think that they would be able to save *us* were we in need?
NOT!