Whistler-Blackcomb Plans New Peak to Peak Gondola

Old September 23rd 05, 11:38 PM
Java Man

Default Whistler-Blackcomb Plans New Peak to Peak Gondola

Whistler plans to install a new gondola spanning from the Roundhouse
near the top of Whistler to the Rendezvous near the top of Blackcomb.
It is slated to be ready for the 2008/09 ski season. The gondola will
carry 30 people per car, and will traverse the ~ 4 km span in ~ 10
minutes.

I couldn't find anything but the link below referencing it, but it was
announced on our local news last night.

http://tinyurl.com/chcsh

Yikes!

Rick
Old September 24th 05, 04:02 AM
Dave Stallard

Java Man wrote:
Whistler plans to install a new gondola spanning from the Roundhouse
near the top of Whistler to the Rendezvous near the top of Blackcomb.
It is slated to be ready for the 2008/09 ski season. The gondola will
carry 30 people per car, and will traverse the ~ 4 km span in ~ 10
minutes.

I couldn't find anything but the link below referencing it, but it was
announced on our local news last night.

http://tinyurl.com/chcsh

Yuck! It sounds almost like an April Fool's joke. What's the point
of that? If you ski W/B, you're most likely picking one of them at the
beginning of the day and sticking with it. Plus, who would want to
waste time riding this gondola? Sounds like the horizontal chair at
Sugarbush, writ very, very large.

Now, if they'd open up some skiing terrain *between* the mountains, that
would be great. Why can't they do that?

Dave
Old September 24th 05, 05:33 AM
ant

Java Man wrote:
Whistler plans to install a new gondola spanning from the Roundhouse
near the top of Whistler to the Rendezvous near the top of Blackcomb.
It is slated to be ready for the 2008/09 ski season. The gondola will
carry 30 people per car, and will traverse the ~ 4 km span in ~ 10
minutes.

I wonder if it will be high up, going straight between the two, or following
the hills with frequent towers? If it's the former, they'd better ensure
that no stray air force planes from south of the border venture near.

--
ant

Old September 24th 05, 07:02 AM
Olaf Timandahaff

In article , ant had this to say about
that...
Java Man wrote:
Whistler plans to install a new gondola spanning from the Roundhouse
near the top of Whistler to the Rendezvous near the top of Blackcomb.
It is slated to be ready for the 2008/09 ski season. The gondola will
carry 30 people per car, and will traverse the ~ 4 km span in ~ 10
minutes.

I wonder if it will be high up, going straight between the two, or following
the hills with frequent towers? If it's the former, they'd better ensure
that no stray air force planes from south of the border venture near.

I believe they use Cold Lake Alberta or Labrador for that fast and low
stuff.

Old September 24th 05, 04:08 PM
Johannes

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 23:38:44 GMT, Java Man
wrote:

Whistler plans to install a new gondola spanning from the Roundhouse
near the top of Whistler to the Rendezvous near the top of Blackcomb.
It is slated to be ready for the 2008/09 ski season. The gondola will
carry 30 people per car, and will traverse the ~ 4 km span in ~ 10
minutes.

I couldn't find anything but the link below referencing it, but it was
announced on our local news last night.

http://tinyurl.com/chcsh

Good Info.
But the Sytem they use, isn't realy new. The fist one was buildet 85
at Saas Fee from Von Roll. Meanwile belong the ropeway division to the
Doppelmayr Garaventa Group.
More infos at http://www.doppelmayr.at/default.asp...&pid=61&mid=25
Kitzbühel / Austria: Spectacular 3-S continous loop gondola:
http://www.ropeways.net/projekte/pro...kitzbuehel.htm

Johannes
Old September 25th 05, 12:23 AM
ant

AstroPax wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:33:11 +1000, "ant"
wrote:

If it's the former, they'd better ensure
that no stray air force planes from south of the border venture near.

It was a USMC jet that sliced the tram cable in Italy, not Air Force,
dumbass.

-Astro

Oh, OK, that changes everything!
Idiot.

--
ant

Old September 25th 05, 07:29 AM
Olaf Timandahaff

The smoke and gas belched outta that mine, and everyone knew it was the
end 0' the line for BIG AstroPax:

wrote:

If it's the former, they'd better ensure
that no stray air force planes from south of the border venture near.

It was a USMC jet that sliced the tram cable in Italy, not Air Force,
dumbass.

-Astro

Oh, OK, that changes everything!
Idiot.

Look, I'm just clarifying the facts of the matter, something you just
can't seem to get right, on a regular basis.

As you insist on constantly denigrating the USA, at least have your
ducks lined up, correctly.

-Astro

It seems knocking the USA is very fashionable up here in the cool blue
north....
It's the usual slapheads, it's great fun to wind them
up though, eh?

--

Calamity Jane:
"I woke up on the ground in a ****ing

Old September 25th 05, 10:17 AM
ant

wrote:

If it's the former, they'd better ensure
that no stray air force planes from south of the border venture
near.

It was a USMC jet that sliced the tram cable in Italy, not Air
Force, dumbass.

-Astro

Oh, OK, that changes everything!
Idiot.

Look, I'm just clarifying the facts of the matter, something you just
can't seem to get right, on a regular basis.

As you insist on constantly denigrating the USA, at least have your
ducks lined up, correctly.

So they weren't americans? Or were they americans, in the armed forces,
flying fighter planes?

--
ant

Old September 25th 05, 05:38 PM
Buddha

Assholepax telling one of his pathologically lying friends that he just
wants to get the facts right?
Amazing. The irony is overwhelming.
Hey, freak? You went over to the veteran's groups and falsely accused me of
claiming I had a Purple Heart. Among other vile and despicable lies.
Prove it. Or admit you deliberately lied.
I'm waiting......
No wonder the **** trashes the US, when despicable cowards like Assholepax
claim to have served our country. No wonder the world hates us, when
Assholepax holds himself up as a -patriot.
The epitomy of the Ugly American, Assholepax