Restrictions and laws.

Old November 9th 04, 01:09 PM
David Off

MoonMan wrote:

and your point is what exactly?

http://mapage.noos.fr/kimble/raffeur/scooter-napoli.jpg

OK I bow to your superior knowledge. BTW I *Have* seen more than three
people on one scooter, in China, I wonder what the record is?

:-)

I like the little girl with the dummy in her mouth.
Old November 9th 04, 02:26 PM
zxyyxzz

"Ace" ha scritto nel messaggio
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 11:19:35 -0000, " cupra"
wrote:

Isn't it now a legal requirement for children to wear helmets in Italy?

(anecdotal and unchecked BTW!)

In Italy (only one in europe) the parliament passed a bill that bind
children under 14 to wear helmets.
it should have started from 1/1/2005, but there is still a regulation about
the standards of the helmets to be issued and so, for this season, your
children can ski wearing their favoured hat.

..
Could be, but knowing how the Italians observe the motorcycle helmet
laws you wouldn't be able to tell by ibservation.

that's true.

and you can also drink a beer while riding

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

Old November 9th 04, 02:34 PM
MoonMan

David Off wrote:
MoonMan wrote:

and your point is what exactly?

http://mapage.noos.fr/kimble/raffeur/scooter-napoli.jpg

OK I bow to your superior knowledge. BTW I *Have* seen more than
three people on one scooter, in China, I wonder what the record is?

:-)

I like the little girl with the dummy in her mouth.

Without it the driver might not hear when her mobile rings

Chris *:-)

Old November 9th 04, 02:36 PM
zxyyxzz

"Mike Clark" ha scritto nel messaggio
In article , Rob White
wrote:
The only rule is not to wear pink, purple (mauve if its a lady skier) or
fluorescent colours. Fake fur collars are not too good either.

Rob

The other Italian "rule" is only ski in good weather so that you can be
seen.

that's the reason why i ski with a purple salopette

I don't think this is a safety issue either.

;-)

Mike
--
o/ \\ // |\ ,_ o Mike Clark
\__,\\ // __o | \ / /\, "A mountain climbing, cycling, skiing,

Old November 9th 04, 08:37 PM
Adrian D. Shaw

Felly sgrifennodd Ace :
Oh well since you ask nicely - as far as I'm aware there are no
equipment or protective clothing requirements anywhere in Europe.

A number of sites refer to helmets being compulsory for children in
Sweden. Whether this is compulsory by law, or for the resort's ski
schools' insurance purposes, I leave to your research.

Adrian
--
Adrian Shaw ais@
Aberystwyth, Ceredigion, Cymru ac.
Old November 10th 04, 04:22 PM
Krisco

Wow ...
thank you all for such overwhelming response

Wish you all have a great winter season. My paper is done .. I wonder if
anyone will publish it.
Ciao for now

--
snowFish
Cruzer Wide / DriverX

Hi

Does anyone know about any restrictions or ski laws like wearing helmets
and other safety gadgets on ski slops?? I need this info for the paper I
am working on.
Thanks for any info.
w/regards

Krisco

Old November 10th 04, 05:16 PM
funkraum

"Rob White" wrote:

The only rule is not to wear pink, purple (mauve if its a lady skier) or
fluorescent colours. Fake fur collars are not too good either.

That is only in Italy.

An Italian friend of a friend married .... an American. This American
wife would do things like put out the trash bags and whatever, early
in a morning, while wearing track suit and sneakers plus no make-up,
thinking it would not matter. At first, the neighbors were too polite
to say anything, then after a week or so, they had a quiet word with
the husband.

He then took appropriate action.

Old November 11th 04, 10:37 AM
zxyyxzz

"funkraum" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Rob White" wrote:

The only rule is not to wear pink, purple (mauve if its a lady skier) or
fluorescent colours. Fake fur collars are not too good either.

That is only in Italy.

An Italian friend of a friend married .... an American. This American
wife would do things like put out the trash bags and whatever, early
in a morning, while wearing track suit and sneakers plus no make-up,
thinking it would not matter. At first, the neighbors were too polite
to say anything, then after a week or so, they had a quiet word with
the husband.

He then took appropriate action.

guess he beat her to death

i'm italian and i'm having real fun reading you.
are you guys mostly english or americans?

besides the garbage thing is quite true, my sister can prouve it.
i just don't believe the neighbours part.

Old November 11th 04, 11:01 AM
Ace

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004 11:37:22 GMT, "zxyyxzz" wrote:

"funkraum" ha scritto nel messaggio
.. .

An Italian friend of a friend married .... an American. This American
wife would do things like put out the trash bags and whatever, early
in a morning, while wearing track suit and sneakers plus no make-up,
thinking it would not matter. At first, the neighbors were too polite
to say anything, then after a week or so, they had a quiet word with
the husband.

He then took appropriate action.

i'm italian and i'm having real fun reading you.
are you guys mostly english or americans?

Mostly british, I think, although funk's ancestry and nationality have
never been quite clear.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old November 11th 04, 12:19 PM
BrritSki

"Rob White" wrote:

The only rule is not to wear pink, purple (mauve if its a lady skier) or
fluorescent colours. Fake fur collars are not too good either.

That is only in Italy.

An Italian friend of a friend married .... an American. This American
wife would do things like put out the trash bags and whatever, early
in a morning, while wearing track suit and sneakers plus no make-up,
thinking it would not matter. At first, the neighbors were too polite
to say anything, then after a week or so, they had a quiet word with
the husband.

He then took appropriate action.

guess he beat her to death

i'm italian and i'm having real fun reading you.
are you guys mostly english or americans?

besides the garbage thing is quite true, my sister can prouve it.
i just don't believe the neighbours part.

Most people here are Brits like me. I have lived in Italy and will do
again soon and I don't believe the neighbours bit either.