Looking for disabled skiing (sit skiing) in Europe - particularlyBulgaria if possible

Old October 16th 08, 11:27 AM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Paul[_6_]

Default Looking for disabled skiing (sit skiing) in Europe - particularlyBulgaria if possible

Hi guys, I'm looking for places that offer sit-skiing in Europe,
particularly Bulgaria. Can anyone help?

We're looking to go over new years. We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Paul
Old October 17th 08, 08:43 AM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Excess

On Oct 16, 12:27*pm, Paul wrote:
Hi guys, I'm looking for places that offer sit-skiing in Europe,
particularly Bulgaria. *Can anyone help?

We're looking to go over new years. *We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. *The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks

Paul

France may be a good choice for you. You will find a list of resorts
where the ESF (the main ski school in France) offer this.
http://www.esf.net/en/discipline/handiski.php (see drop down of
resorts on right hand side - look for resorts in Savoie/Haute Savoie
and Isere in priority - other areas may not be as snowsure) then go
the the relevant resort's website

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk
Old October 17th 08, 09:17 AM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:43:16 -0700 (PDT), Excess
wrote this crap:

We're looking to go over new years. *We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. *The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks

Paul

France may be a good choice for you.

Never go to france. Never go to france. The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. Never go to france. Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old October 17th 08, 12:25 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_2_]

We're looking to go over new years. We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Paul

I can't comment on Bulgaria, but I would suggest you consider French ski
villages offering the 'HandiSki' system, which seems to provide everything
you're looking for.
http://www.tourisme-hautes-pyrenees....9-handiski.php is a good
overview, in English.

The resorts mentioned are friendly, offer good value and most have easy
transfers from budget flights and TGV high-speed rail services.

Good luck in your search, and enjoy your skiing!

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Old October 17th 08, 01:42 PM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
Billy Bob F.

A mighty Hungarian warrior offered this advice:
Never go to france. *Never go to france. *The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. *Never go to france. *Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

* * * * * * *

Um...so that would be a "no" vote for France?

Ducking swords,
Rob
Old October 18th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Colin Irvine[_4_]

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:03:37 +0200, Ace
squeezed out the following:

wrote this crap:

We're looking to go over new years. *We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. *The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks

Paul

France may be a good choice for you.

Never go to france. Never go to france. The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. Never go to france. Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

Never x-post to RSA, unless you want this sort of mindless abuse.

x-post removed

Damn right. RSA has been dominated by a few nutters for years, to the
extent that several years ago RSAM (moderated) was created. This has
limited traffic.

--
Colin Irvine
Old October 21st 08, 11:39 AM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine
LittleMato

wrote this crap:

We're looking to go over new years. *We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. *The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks

Paul

France may be a good choice for you.

Never go to france. *Never go to france. *The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. *Never go to france. *Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

* * * * * * *

* * * * * *A mighty Hungarian warrior
* * * *The blood of Attila runs through me

France is a beautiful country. SOME french are assholes, same with all
other nations worldwide.
Go to France and enjoy your stay. After skiing you can eat and drink
quality food&wines
Old November 7th 08, 09:57 PM posted to soc.culture.bulgaria,rec.skiing.resorts.europe,rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

We're looking to go over new years. *We need to have a sit ski
instructor, sit skis and availability for 3 days of tuition between
the 27th Dec 2008 and 3rd 2009. *The 3 days don't have to be on
consecutive days.

Any help or any ideas would be greatly appreciated. *Thanks

Paul

France may be a good choice for you.

Never go to france. *Never go to france. *The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. *Never go to france. *Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

* * * * * * *

* * * * * *A mighty Hungarian warrior
* * * *The blood of Attila runs through me

France is a beautiful country. SOME french are assholes, same with all
other nations worldwide.
Go to France and enjoy your stay. After skiing you can eat and drink
quality food&wines - Hide quoted text -

so no other suggestions avaiable except france then? none at all? that
just cant be right. come on people. sweden is a goer. and where else??
Old December 5th 08, 05:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Julia Moss

Default Looking for disabled skiing (sit skiing) in Europe

"A mighty Hungarian warrior" wrote in message
On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 13:57:25 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

Never go to france. Never go to france. The people are assholes and
they hate anybody not french. Never go to france. Douse yourself
with gasoline and light a match before going to france.

so no other suggestions avaiable except france then? none at all? that
just cant be right. come on people. sweden is a goer. and where else??

I enjoyed skiing in Osterreich, Deutchland, and die Schweiz.

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me

We have just produced a page about skiing with a disability on
http://www.mountainpassions.com/wint...bility_ski.htm.
It has lots of useful tips for beginners and links to organisations and
equipment suppliers / ski schools. There is information about skiing in
other European countries and the USA.

Julia
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude