Meribel location or accomodation recomendations

Old February 2nd 04, 10:38 AM
Nick Higson

Default Meribel location or accomodation recomendations

Hi All,

In planning a trip to Meribel I am both excited but also blown away by the
variety of locations and types of accom in Meribel. Soooo I was hoping
someone may be able to help. My wife and I would preferably like a hotel
offering half board , ski in and ski out, 3 or 4* and close enough in
Meribel for shops / restaurants etc.

Also is there a generally considered more convenient or better area to stay
? If so we could at least narrow down our accommodation search to this area.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Nick
Please remove x if replying to email.

Old February 2nd 04, 11:01 AM
Paul Schofield

"Nick Higson" wrote in message
Hi All,

In planning a trip to Meribel I am both excited but also blown away by the
variety of locations and types of accom in Meribel. Soooo I was hoping
someone may be able to help. My wife and I would preferably like a hotel
offering half board , ski in and ski out, 3 or 4* and close enough in
Meribel for shops / restaurants etc.

Also is there a generally considered more convenient or better area to

stay
? If so we could at least narrow down our accommodation search to this

area.

Thanks for your time

Cheers

Nick
Please remove x if replying to email.

Hi Nick, just back from Meribel week before last - excellent resort though
apparently can be v. busy at half term breaks. Anyway most of the ski in/ski
out will be in the slightly higher resort of Motteret where many hotels are
either on the piste or have easy access via a funicular (sp?) railway.

There are a few such places in Meribel itself, but being on the piste mean
they don't have as immediate access to the main resort centre.

We stayed in the Village which has its own lift - IIRC Erna Low have
apartments that are virtually ski in/ski out. Though to get access to the
main nightlife/shops is a short bus journey into the centre.

--
Paul Schofield

Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana

Old February 2nd 04, 11:43 AM
Syrah

Hi Nick,

I leave in Paris but I'm from Meribel.
You have to resort : Meribel and Meribel Mottaret
Meribel is more chic and more funny in evening

For hotel, I suggest 3 nice hotels :
Top of the resort, 5 km from centre (free shuttle service in Meribel) :
- Hotel Allodis www.hotel-allodis.com/index-uk.htm On the slope / great
room / one of the best restaurant in Meribel / nice view with nice
terrasse... Owners : Francoise and Yves Forni
- Hotel Alba www.meribel-hotel-alba.com/ Not far from Allodis, at the top
of Meribel, also a nice chalet. Also one of my favorite restaurant. Owners :
Laurence and Gilles Chardonnet.
In Meribel Centre :
- Hotel Grand Coeur www.legrandcoeur.com/index2.htm Direct in the centre but
also straigh to the slope ! Relais & Chateaux Hotel. Nice atmosphere

Also for your best Fondue & Raclette restaurant, you have to try La
Fromagerie (near cinema), best cheese fondue you have never eat (really!!!)
from my friend Christian (book in advance)

Best bar : Le Poste (next to Post Office)

Also, best ski rental and friendly staff : Meribel Ski Service, best price
for hire www.meribelski.com

Have a nice trip in Meribel (I leave Paris for Malaysia, next week and would
be in Meribel, beginning of March...)

--
Eric

"Le vin fait de l'homme ce qu'il aurait dû toujours resté : Le meilleur ami
de l'homme"
ENGEL

Old February 2nd 04, 02:55 PM
nic in la tania

we have a one bedroom luxury apartment available in meribel mottaret (alt
1700m) with the piste right on your doorstep ,click here to see it
http://www.accommodationinthealps.co.uk/813.htm , if your interested let me
know your dates and we'll see what we can do ,we offer 5% discount for
newsgroup users .

Old February 9th 04, 08:15 PM
ipurchase

Hi Nick,

Meribel is a great place as is the 3 valleys. Try visiting
www.ski3valleys.com for further information.

Have fun

Cheers

Ian