Burton Mission Greed Binding review

Old January 27th 04, 10:12 PM
toddjb

Default Burton Mission Greed Binding review

Just want to pass on a review of the Burton Mission Greed bindings which use
Burton's new toe cap strap. I was told that all of their high end bindings
next year will offer this strap option. This year the Mission Greed is the
only Burton binding to come with it.

These bindings kick *ss! I demo'ed a pair a week and a half ago for a couple
hours and immediately searched and bought a pair. I've now ridden 2 hard days
on these bindings and I love them.

First off, the performance aspect is top notch. They give an extremely firm
hold with no heel or toe lift and no pressure points. They have a great
highback (Team Skyback) which gives a solid connection to the lower base
and you can very easily adjust the forward lean.

They are also very easy to put on standing up. If you don't want to sit down
you don't need to...tightening the two straps standing up does the trick and
sucks your foot back in the heel pocket.

For me, I like to crank my bindings down for steeps and moguls and I would
lose circulation from the strap pressure points...particually the toe strap.
The Greeds are fantastic. I never touch the toe adjustment on my front foot
all day long. The rear strap is easy to loosen up a couple notches for the
lift ride if need be but that was mostly great as-is.

If you get the chance, demo the Greed bindings when Burton comes to town.

Background:
I used straps years ago, didn't like them, and switched to step-ins. Rode K2
Clicker highbacks for years and loved them until K2 stopped making them. Tried
a LOT of different bindings this year...both purchased or demoed. Tried the
Flow PRO-S bindings, Ride MIGs, Salomon shaped, and the Burton C16.
The Greeds had the best performance and comfort of them all. So no, I don't
work for Burton. Heck, I used to be in the Ride camp! Now I'm in a few
different camps, which is the best way to go.

-todd
Old January 27th 04, 10:40 PM
Mike T

First off, the performance aspect is top notch. They give an
extremely firm
hold with no heel or toe lift and no pressure points.

Strap-induced pain has been the main reason I've stayed away from Burton
bindings for years. Sounds like they *finally* came around!

Old January 29th 04, 12:53 PM
CC

Default Burton Mission Dark review.......Thffft....

Boy, my opinion of Burton keeps sliding south.

So you like the toe strap? So do I! Not a Burton idea, check out:
http://www.technine.com/html/toestrap.html

Purchased a pair of Burton Mission Darks for my son this year as he
outgrew his original bindings.
At first, I was impressed with the engineering. But since the bindings have:
Snapped a strap
Lost the "FLAD" (Back stop)

Just what is the purpose of a locking back stop any ways?

My Tech Nine's had problems with the hardware last year, in particular
the nuts that held the ankle straps would work loose.

My wife's Drake F-50's seem to be fairing well, but one of the screws on
the front ankle strap worked loose once.

The best seems to be my sons old Arcane step in bindings. They utilized
two half moons that the rider twists into. The only reason he does not
use them anymore is he outgrew them. Too bad the company went south.

Later,

Chris