Mpeg. Mens 15km Classic at Cogne

Old December 13th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

Default Mpeg. Mens 15km Classic at Cogne

I've just uploaded this to Mininova as a trial effort, just to see if I could do it.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/512575
Its just as shown on Eurosport, unedited.
I'll seed it to Bit Comet.com, until late evening tonight.
Hope it works for you.
Mike
Old December 13th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

dardruba wrote:
I've just uploaded this to Mininova as a trial effort, just to see if I
could do it.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/512575
Its just as shown on Eurosport, unedited.
I'll seed it to Bit Comet.com, until late evening tonight.
Hope it works for you.
Mike

Well I've got so far, but how do I seed it?
My entry on Bit Comet looks as if I'm trying to download it, should there be something which says
I've got it now download from this?
Old December 13th 06, 04:16 PM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dardruba
dardruba wrote:
I've just uploaded this to Mininova as a trial effort, just to see if I
could do it.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/512575
Its just as shown on Eurosport, unedited.
I'll seed it to Bit Comet.com, until late evening tonight.
Hope it works for you.
Mike

Well I've got so far, but how do I seed it?
My entry on Bit Comet looks as if I'm trying to download it, should there be something which says
I've got it now download from this?
Ok, I've got the torrent, but nobody's seeding. I use utorrent as a client so I'm unfamiliar with Bitcomet. To seed in utorrent I follow these simple steps.
1. Create the torrent with the wizard.
2. Add file the and tracker addresses from the respective tracker websites.
3. Select the piece size (the bigger the file the bigger the pieces ideally eg. 1GB file=512Kb or 1MB pieces)
4. Click on the box that says start seeding
5. Then click on the button that says create the torrent.
If you do this correctly the torrent that you just created should show up in your transfer window in your client saying that it's 100% downloaded and that you are seeding. After this, just upload the torrent to the tracker and wait for leechers.

Thanks for the caping this race Mike, this file is huge and if you're not sure how to encode with Xvid or Divx, I'm sure there are many websites that take you through a step by step process, or else I could probably help you out. I personally like Xvid because of it's better size/quality ratio.
Cheers
Adam
Old December 13th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

dardruba wrote:
dardruba wrote:
I've just uploaded this to Mininova as a trial effort, just to see if
I could do it.
http://www.mininova.org/tor/512575
Its just as shown on Eurosport, unedited.
I'll seed it to Bit Comet.com, until late evening tonight.
Hope it works for you.
Mike

Well I've got so far, but how do I seed it?
My entry on Bit Comet looks as if I'm trying to download it, should
there be something which says I've got it now download from this?

I didnt get a response and now I have to go. I dont think my trial has worked.
I kept the initial .torrent in the same file used for the torrent making and for the uploading, the connection was kept running and the torrent app(BitComet in my case) was left open.
If I've made a wrong move or you have any advice for me please leave it here and I'll pick it up from Google when I come home in the New Year.
Best wishes to all
Mike
Old December 13th 06, 11:30 PM

dardruba wrote:
dardruba wrote:
[...]

Hey Mike,
I've just downloaded BitComet 0.79 to help you out.
1. Under the File, click make torrent.
2. Click the browse button to get the source file (the MPEG files for you)
3. Preferably make the change the file pieces from default to 512kb
4. In the Tracker Server and DHT Network Node List: delete the bitcomet tracker address and add the mininova tracker address (http://tracker.prq.to/announce)
5. Type in the desired file name in the output box
6. Click on the OK button
7. Now go to mininova and upload the file by following the directions
If you need anymore help, just say so and I'll be more than happy to give a helping hand.
Cheers
Adam
Old December 14th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeffery Clarke

in article , doogiski at
wrote on 12/13/06 9:16 AM:

dardruba Wrote:
dardruba wrote:-
[...]

Need seeders for the 15KM classic.
Jeff

Old December 15th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Do these torrents work for folks?

http://www.mininova.org/sub/113/added

Old December 15th 06, 12:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

If you are talking about the 6 torrents listed below, then yes, they
are working for me.

Thanks for the upload,
Colin

Since it will be difficult to find your torrents in a few days and the
mininova search doesn't seem to be working, I have provided direct
links below:
xcski Catarina-00 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513983
xcski Brusson-00 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513980
xcski Brusson-01 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513981
xcski Borlaenge-01 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513978
xcski Bietostolen-01 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513977
xcski Asiago-01 http://www.mininova.org/tor/513971

Old December 15th 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

can someone living in italy and using google show me where the arena
for Asiago WC sprint races are to be held?

I suspect it's at latitude 45°51'22.25"N and longtitude
11°32'1.87"E.

More on Asiago Sprints at "Tour de Ski":
http://www.tour-de-ski.com/fr/etape/...scription.html

BTW, upcoming weekend is xc worldcup in LaClusaz.....