11.5 °C

Old February 3rd 04, 01:12 PM
cupra

Default 11.5 °C

Simon Brown wrote:
Just been out on my south-facing balconcy - this is early March
weather. 13 =B0C in the shade, snow on the roof melting like crazy, =

and
we get two more days of this with rought 2 to 3 derees warmer.
=20
Repeat after me: Climate change, climate change, ...
=20
OK - it gets cold now and then, last time they were lucky and the
weather came from the North, but the settled weather periods this
winter have been way warmer than normal.

Wow - that's mild..... it's +14.3C in my garden here in Northants - =
looks like we may be seeing a Feb record over here as well!

(interestingly, the 1st week feb record for the UK is +16.8C)

--=20
cupra (remove nospam please to mail)

Old February 3rd 04, 01:28 PM
PG

"Ace" wrote in message
| On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:54:36 +0100, "Simon Brown"
| wrote:
|
| Just been out on my south-facing balconcy - this is early March
weather. 13
| °C in the shade, snow on the roof melting like crazy, and we get two
more
| days of this with rought 2 to 3 derees warmer.
|
| My first ski trip ever, 1993 in Chatel, saw temps in the 20s

Right. And?

| Repeat after me: Climate change, climate change, ...
|
| Repeat after me: Nothing new, nothing new, nothing new...

Well I spose if you measure climate change in terms of what the trend is
since 1993, perhaps not!

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com

Old February 3rd 04, 01:44 PM
Neil Swingler

Hope you're not planning on sunbathing at the weekend Simon:
http://www.meteoschweiz.ch/de/Progno...telfrist.shtml

--
Neil Swingler
Old February 3rd 04, 01:46 PM
James Hart

Switters wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 11:44:18 GMT, " cupra"
allegedly wrote:

It does seem so - it was strange walking around in a T-shirt in Sauze
D'Oulx in the midst of winter!

Ooops, that's a shame, a friend of mine is out there this week.

But, just how does one pronounce the name?

so zee doo is the way I was told by someone who worked there for a few
weeks.

--
James...
www.jameshart.co.uk

Old February 3rd 04, 02:43 PM
Simon Brown

Here we go on average temp over the whole month, it will be interesting to
see how January panned out - it was mild with a cold snap which distorted
the figures.

I guess we'll see 14 C tomorrow...
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 3rd 04, 02:47 PM
Simon Brown

I've been up here in Laax for 13 seasons and one thing which distorts mental
images is that fact that at some stage they started using snow machines
which means the skiing suddenly became better than it would otherwise have
been.

Nevertheless it has steadily become warmer, snow has come later. The amount
of snow will obviously change with the climate.

One way I notice this is the snow on the paths as I walk to lunch and for an
evening beer. 12 years ago it was 3 months with ice underfoot, this year it
may be 4 weeks, last year it was maybe just 3 weeks.

The birds are also very confused, they are singing spring songs already.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 5th 04, 11:57 AM
Simon Brown

Phew! 16 C here now, never experienced anything like this in February ever.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

"Simon Brown" wrote in message
At Crap Sogn Gion at 2,228m right now.

http://www.alpenarena.ch/pages/wetter/meteo.asp

And it's getting warmer. Looks like some of the moles were right - short
sharp winter then back to the sunbathing :-)

--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old February 5th 04, 12:00 PM
Ace

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 13:57:50 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

Phew! 16 C here now, never experienced anything like this in February ever.

How much skiing did you manage while the winter lasted?

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old February 5th 04, 12:06 PM
Simon Brown

Moved my skis from the cellar to the ski room.

Met two locals - Peter from www.kns.ch/seehof and Adrian from Foppa Sport -
they had been out and were sweating like swine - 'just like April' was the
quote.

I was in T shirt and sandals at lunchtime while some tourists were wandering
about in moon boots and ski-suits :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch