Bohemia comments, or "ouch"

Old February 23rd 06, 08:35 AM

In article ,
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I am not sure if any sort of balm would help my wrist problem. Mostly
I don't know because no one seems to have any idea what's wrong with
it. Some deep tissue / trigger point massage has increased my range
of motion, but it's still not healed.

Glucosamine Chondroitin. See previous post.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 23rd 06, 08:36 AM

In article ,
bdubya wrote:

No, it takes a few minutes. And if you rub your eyes after applying
it, may God have mercy on you....

What happens if you pick your nose?
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 23rd 06, 08:39 AM

In article ,
lal_truckee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:
Ibuprophen interferes with the body's
natural repair process.

Medical study reference, please?

It blocks prostaglandin synthesis. Given its mechanism of action, everything
else should be intuitively obvious.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 23rd 06, 02:37 PM

On 2006-02-23, Jeff Davis penned:

Glucosamine Chondroitin. See previous post.

Nevermind, I see previous post now.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old February 23rd 06, 02:37 PM

On 2006-02-23, Jeff Davis penned:
In article ,
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
I am not sure if any sort of balm would help my wrist problem. Mostly
I don't know because no one seems to have any idea what's wrong with
it. Some deep tissue / trigger point massage has increased my range
of motion, but it's still not healed.

Glucosamine Chondroitin. See previous post.

Already using it. Didn't see a previous post about it. I'm sure it
will help some, but I doubt it will magically cure all my ills.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old February 23rd 06, 10:27 PM

In article ,
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Already using it. Didn't see a previous post about it. I'm sure it
will help some, but I doubt it will magically cure all my ills.

No magic cure. I could work out harder with no ibuprophen. The more I
ran the better things felt at night. And there is a cumulative effect of
conditioning and healthy joint tissue. This morning CNN reported a study
that said it had no effect on mild arthritis, albeit, it did help knees
measurably in the same study.
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old February 23rd 06, 10:47 PM

Jeff Davis wrote:
lal_truckee wrote:
Jeff Davis wrote:
Ibuprophen interferes with the body's
natural repair process.

Medical study reference, please?

It blocks prostaglandin synthesis. Given its mechanism of action, everything
else should be intuitively obvious.

For every medical study, there's another one that says the opposite (or
close to it).
Here's a recent pro one:
http://www.genengnews.com/news/bnitem.aspx?name=1175968XSL_NEWSML_TO_NEWSML.xml
And a con one:
http://www.upi.com/ConsumerHealthDaily/view.php?StoryID=20060223-102215-1556r

All I know is that when I stop taking Glucosamine Sulfate &
Chondroitin, me knees start to hurt more.

Old February 23rd 06, 11:00 PM

TexasSkiNut wrote:
[Cut URL references to Glucosamine/chondroitin studies.]

I was asking for references to med references re ibuprofen interfering
with the body's repair processes, not g/c references...

All I know is that when I stop taking Glucosamine Sulfate &
Chondroitin, me knees start to hurt more.

That's what the dog says, too ...