Hey Ant!

Old July 22nd 05, 12:34 AM
Potblak

Default Hey Ant!

Are you skiing in Oz or NZ this year?
Where?
Do you remember the address?
cheers,
Martin

Old July 23rd 05, 12:00 AM
ant

Potblak wrote:
Are you skiing in Oz or NZ this year?
Where?
Do you remember the address?
cheers,
Martin

eh, what address?!

Well, sadly, I have taken up.... telemarking. In leather boots. With laces.
Strangely enjoyable.

--
ant

Old July 25th 05, 12:28 AM
Mike Weber

ant wrote:
Potblak wrote:

Are you skiing in Oz or NZ this year?
Where?
Do you remember the address?
cheers,
Martin

eh, what address?!

Well, sadly, I have taken up.... telemarking. In leather boots. With laces.
Strangely enjoyable.

Eh?! Leather boots? Do you use wooden skis too?

Mike

Old July 25th 05, 09:34 PM
ant

Mike Weber wrote:

Eh?! Leather boots? Do you use wooden skis too?

Not sure what they're made of. Might be some wood. They are quite thin, but
they turn OK. Leather boots are super comfy, surprisingly.

--
ant

Old July 25th 05, 10:00 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-25, ant penned:
Mike Weber wrote:

Eh?! Leather boots? Do you use wooden skis too?

Not sure what they're made of. Might be some wood. They are quite
thin, but they turn OK. Leather boots are super comfy, surprisingly.

Leather more comfortable than plastic? I refuse to believe it!

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old July 26th 05, 06:16 PM
ant

On 2005-07-25, ant penned:
Mike Weber wrote:

Eh?! Leather boots? Do you use wooden skis too?

Not sure what they're made of. Might be some wood. They are quite
thin, but they turn OK. Leather boots are super comfy, surprisingly.

Leather more comfortable than plastic? I refuse to believe it!

Well it's very hard leather. They soften as they get older, but right now
they are very stiff. Done up with laces, in fact they are a lot like hiking
boots. Works of art, the way the soles (which are quite thick) and sewn and
joined in various ways. I'm just amazed at how nice they feel, I'm used to
ski boots that are custom fitted, like gloves, and expected these to be a
bit more agricultural. They are Italian, and the brand, for some weird
reason, is Andrew.

Really nice to stride along in, but they give plenty of control in turns.
They are nice!

--
ant

Old July 29th 05, 06:01 AM

But are you doing all this in Aus or NZ?

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann