Gear left in warming hut

Old March 7th 11, 03:06 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Gear left in warming hut

When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?
Old March 7th 11, 03:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 7, 8:06*am, Richard Henry wrote:
When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. *I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

Must be hard to carry that diaper bag with you everywhere you go.
Old March 7th 11, 03:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dick G[_4_]

On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 08:06:31 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote:

When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

I see it frequently, albeit less now than 20 years ago. There are
still lots of good folks with high morals and ethics. I walked into
our farmers market the other day, and a young girl was just picking up
a $20 off the ground. She turned to an older gentleman who was
standing nearby and asked him if he dropped the money, his reply, "no,
keep it your lady"...good to see!
Old March 7th 11, 03:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
NormG

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

I've seen it happen at Sun Peaks where the warming hut is also used by
patrol for top station. Usually ts people who are known to patrol (Note -
known to patrol does not carry the same connatation as "known to police"),
but I've seen other people do it.

Old March 7th 11, 03:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 03/07/2011 11:06 AM, Richard Henry wrote:
When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

Certainly here in New England. Killington has established a
"bag free zone" in K-1 lodge (KBL) but at its four other
base lodges it's still the rule.
Old March 7th 11, 04:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
down_hill

wrote:

When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

I see it frequently, albeit less now than 20 years ago. There are
still lots of good folks with high morals and ethics. I walked into
our farmers market the other day, and a young girl was just picking up
a $20 off the ground. She turned to an older gentleman who was
standing nearby and asked him if he dropped the money, his reply, "no,
keep it your lady"...good to see!

Sports car world at tracks at non spectator races and test days there is
so much stuff left about. Keys in cars computers and parts left
everywhere, often you leave hot pit equipment in pits and trailers and
motorhomes left open. Never had stuff taken at a non spectator event. I
have had stuff borrowed but it always came back with alcohol or food.
Events open to general public a lock-down last year at the glen the
aluminum ramps for the series scales were taken. The boy scouts were
recycling you would thing that some thing shinny and 4 feet bigger than
a can would attract attention to the leaders.
Old March 7th 11, 07:35 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mar 7, 8:52*am, VtSkier wrote:
On 03/07/2011 11:06 AM, Richard Henry wrote:

When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. *I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

Certainly here in New England. Killington has established a
"bag free zone" in K-1 lodge (KBL) but at its four other
base lodges it's still the rule.

Do they have diaper free zones? Do they allow you?
Old March 7th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote:
When I was growing up in New England, and skiing at places like Jay
Peak and Cannon Mt. it was fairly common for people to leave their
shoes, lunch bag, spare clothing, etc, in a corner or up against the
wall of the warming hut while out skiing. *I had forgotten all about
that habit until I noticed the same thing still happens at Mt. Rose
and Sugar Bowl (but not at Heavenly, Mammoth, or Big Bear areas).
Does this custom still hold (or ever hold?) elsewhere?

I see it frequently, albeit less now than 20 years ago. *There are
still lots of good folks with high morals and ethics.

Unfortunately, only one of them post here, freak. Me.

*I walked into
our farmers market the other day, and a young girl was just picking up
a $20 off the ground. She turned to an older gentleman who was
standing nearby and asked him if he dropped the money, his reply, "no,
keep it your lady"...good to see!

I'm surprised you didn't say you had dropped it.

Left luggage in Flaine @elgy(nati-spam).org.uk European Ski Resorts 3 January 4th 07 02:57 PM
Left & right skis? MH Alpine Skiing 32 December 15th 04 12:01 AM
FA: '04 Atomic R:EX 177cm - NEW - 1 Day Left Purple Moose Marketplace 0 November 18th 04 03:35 PM
Anything left in Europe?? JP European Ski Resorts 15 May 17th 04 05:59 PM
Elvis has left the building. Inger Skramstad Jørstad Alpine Skiing 0 March 27th 04 02:18 PM