How warm can it get?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 7th 05, 09:22 PM
The Real Bev

JQ wrote:

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:
On 2005-02-07, The Real Bev penned:
"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote:

I can't keep my eyes off the clock when I'm in my car, but on my motorcycle
there's no clock, which is actually kind of nice because, as you say,
looking at the clock is just stressful.

You bike too? Dirt and/or street? Been a while, but my Kawasaki KDX175
still works although the Suzuki GS550 is dead.

I'd never been on a bike at all until last summer, when my husband and I took
the MFC class together. He instantly bought a new CBR600RR, and I followed
suit a few weeks later with a used BMW R1100R. (Big bike, but not nearly as
twitchy as his Honda. I debated a lot, but with the MFC classes I felt
confident I could handle it, which I can, though I do sometimes think I'd be
more confident on a smaller bike. It's really just the size. That beemer is
farkin huge.)

So, just street so far. If I want to play in dirt, I take my mountain
bike.

That's a lot of bike for a beginner, just be very careful. There is more
power there than meets the eye. I always recommend a small bike for
beginners for the first two years and then a gradual build up to get used to
the power, weight and handling capabilities. The BMW is a very nice bike
(that is 1100cc bike right?).

As a short person, I think the ability to at least get both sets of toes
on the ground is more important than size/weight/whatever. I'd be
happier still if I could get both feet flat on the ground at the same
time, but with a 30" inseam that isn't very likely. Wish they'd figure
out how to put a big engine in a tiny frame, but NOOOOOOO.

My SIL has had a BMW for a long time -- but she's six feet tall :-(

--
Cheers,
Bev