val di fiemme

Old September 18th 03, 08:13 AM
Pablo

Default val di fiemme

I am going to Val di fiemme from Dec 27th to Jan 3rd. I suspect there are
many people at the time. From the other hand number of hotels/apartments
although very big is limited. Does anybody have any experience from past
years ? Is there a big crowd and long cues at slopes during Christmas - New
Year time ?

regards,

Pablo

Old September 18th 03, 04:38 PM
Pablo

Endless. Sorry.

which slpes are more crowded blue like Alpe Lusia or red like Latemar ?

Pablo

Old September 19th 03, 06:49 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

"Pablo" ha scritto nel messaggio

Endless. Sorry.

which slpes are more crowded blue like Alpe Lusia or red like Latemar ?

I wouldn't worry about the slopes, but you might suffer from a very intense
traffic on the road. And then it is really impossible to spend more than one
day on the same slopes. There are many and you are supposed to try most of
them. If you move soon by car or by bus you might even get to Canazei,
through Val di Fassa and start a wonderful ski-tour of some hundred mile all
ski-wearing, the so-called Sellaronda.

Have fun.

E.P.

Old September 19th 03, 06:55 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

"Pablo" ha scritto nel messaggio

Endless. Sorry.

which slpes are more crowded blue like Alpe Lusia or red like Latemar ?

Lusia, though there's a nice couple of black slopes.

EP

Old September 19th 03, 07:06 AM
Ian Spare

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 08:49:26 +0200, "Enotrio Pallanzo"
wrote:

"Pablo" ha scritto nel messaggio

Endless. Sorry.

which slpes are more crowded blue like Alpe Lusia or red like Latemar ?

I wouldn't worry about the slopes, but you might suffer from a very intense
traffic on the road. And then it is really impossible to spend more than one
day on the same slopes. There are many and you are supposed to try most of
them. If you move soon by car or by bus you might even get to Canazei,
through Val di Fassa and start a wonderful ski-tour of some hundred mile all
ski-wearing, the so-called Sellaronda.

I don't know how long the circuit is either. I can tell you it's not
even close to 100 miles though, more like 15-20miles in fact from my
memory of having actually skied it and having actually been to the
Dolomites.

Have fun.

E.P.

Old September 19th 03, 07:07 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

I wouldn't worry about the slopes, but you might suffer from a very
intense
traffic on the road. And then it is really impossible to spend more than

one
day on the same slopes. There are many and you are supposed to try most

of
them. If you move soon by car or by bus you might even get to Canazei,
through Val di Fassa and start a wonderful ski-tour of some hundred mile

all
ski-wearing, the so-called Sellaronda.

I don't know how long the circuit is either. I can tell you it's not
even close to 100 miles though, more like 15-20miles in fact from my
memory of having actually skied it and having actually been to the
Dolomites.

I guess you're closer than I. Anyway 15-20 miles sounds to me a bit too
little. You spend some 6 hours to be done, right ?, though not little time
is needed on the lifts. Let's say at least 50 miles ? Seems much, but
actually I think it is more than that, Ian.

Have fun.

EP

EP

Old September 19th 03, 07:45 AM
Ian Spare

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 09:07:58 +0200, "Enotrio Pallanzo"
wrote:

[...]

A modest skier would manage in under 4 hours, say, a couple of hours
ski time and 1.5 - 2 hours lift time.

is needed on the lifts. Let's say at least 50 miles ? Seems much, but
actually I think it is more than that, Ian.

You can get a map and avoid getting lost.

Let's say it's around 16miles because that's what it is. While we're
on the subject it's not really that good either.

http://www.val-gardena.com/?artid=52

Have fun.

EP

EP

--
Yeah, because you never know when the value of 2^15 will change and
you have to go through all your code fixing it.
Old September 19th 03, 08:23 AM
Ian Spare

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:11:52 +0200, "Enotrio Pallanzo"
wrote:

Actually it is 16 miles downhill plus the lifts, which I included in my
evaluation. Anyway, you are certainly right. I would have said it was a
longer trip.

Well, there's some nice restaurants, it can stretch the journey a
little :-)

Old September 19th 03, 08:26 AM
Enotrio Pallanzo

"snip
Well, there's some nice restaurants, it can stretch the journey a
little :-)

Yeah, I think so.

:-)