"New" Aero 125SR Tires & Wheels?

Old October 21st 04, 07:06 PM
Bob Maswick

Default "New" Aero 125SR Tires & Wheels?

All -

Not to start another V2 war, but this is from the V2 website. It's
important to me 'cause I need new tires (and I guess new rims also!)

October 11, 2004

Aero 125SR: If you have purchased the new tires, which are marked with
a gold dot, and you still have problems with flats you are probably
using the older rims or are not inflating the tires properly. When the
tire manufacturer changed the tire construction they requested that we
also change the rim to better match the new tire. New rims can be
purchased at a very reasonable price. You can use the existing
hardware and bearing assemblies. A complete set of eight rims, for one
pair of skis, is only $19.00 retail price.

- Bob
Old October 21st 04, 07:52 PM
Rob Bradlee

--- Bob Maswick wrote:

Aero 125SR: If you have purchased the new tires, which are marked
with
a gold dot, and you still have problems with flats you are probably
using the older rims or are not inflating the tires properly. When
the
tire manufacturer changed the tire construction they requested that
we
also change the rim to better match the new tire. New rims can be
purchased at a very reasonable price. You can use the existing
hardware and bearing assemblies. A complete set of eight rims, for
one
pair of skis, is only $19.00 retail price.

Thanks, Bob. I have two of the new rims, but darned if I can remember
which ones they are. Any idea how to tell them apart?

Rob Bradlee

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Old October 22nd 04, 02:58 AM
revyakin

I suggest Jenex to take one more step in terms of blaming the user for the flats:

"you are probably using the older rims"
"or are not inflating the tires properly"
"OR_still you are just too fat!"

BTW - eight (8) rims per pair?? Some assembly will be required.
Old October 22nd 04, 06:31 PM
MvW

I have both the old and new 125 SR tires/rims. Had lots of blow-outs
and pinch cuts on old stuff. Since I got the new tires and rims, I
have worn the tires to the casing without a problem (that's a good
thing). I think Len finally got it fixed.

Not sure how to tell the old and new rims apart, though. I'll look
later.
matt
Old October 23rd 04, 10:09 AM
Rob Bradlee

--- MvW wrote:

I have both the old and new 125 SR tires/rims. Had lots of blow-outs
and pinch cuts on old stuff. Since I got the new tires and rims, I
have worn the tires to the casing without a problem (that's a good
thing). I think Len finally got it fixed.

Not sure how to tell the old and new rims apart, though. I'll look
later.
matt

I looked again - I think the new ones have a V2 printed on the side
(actually molded in the plastic)

Rob

=====
Rob Bradlee
Java, C++, Perl, XML, OOAD, Linux, and Unix Training

Using rollerblade wheels on rollerskis -- bad for technique? Everett Nordic Skiing 16 July 15th 04 08:59 PM
New V2 Aero Tires Jon Nordic Skiing 0 December 19th 03 03:00 PM
Can you put SR 125 tires onto Aero R-skis that came with 150 tires? Chris Cline Nordic Skiing 2 August 12th 03 10:59 PM
QUESTIONS ABOUT ROLLERSKIS AND POLES Nathan Schultz Nordic Skiing 14 August 3rd 03 06:43 PM
Seeking Refund From Jenex For Aero 125SR Mike Nordic Skiing 0 July 14th 03 08:06 PM