Where Stay at 100 Mile House?

Old January 5th 04, 09:15 PM
Mark

Default Where Stay at 100 Mile House?

5 of us skiers want to go to the 100 Mile House BC area at the end of
January. We're looking for a place to stay that's more than a motel eg
B&B, cabins, lodges etc. Cozy places. Suggestions? Thanks.
Old January 5th 04, 10:33 PM
chris esposito

Mark wrote:

5 of us skiers want to go to the 100 Mile House BC area at the end of
January. We're looking for a place to stay that's more than a motel eg
B&B, cabins, lodges etc. Cozy places. Suggestions? Thanks.

Some friends of mine and I stayed at Hills Health Ranch a few years back
and loved it. They have a choice of accomodations, heal spa, good food,
a bar, pool, etc.

Chris

Old January 6th 04, 02:10 AM
Scott Elliot

I second Chris' recommendation for the Hills Health Ranch. They have both
motel type rooms and chalets that you can rent. The chalets are cozy and
you can ski from just outside your door.

http://www.spabc.com/Winter/Cross_Co...s_country.html

Across the highway from The Hills is the 108 Resort. This is a golf course
in the summer, but in the winter has ski trails that inter-connect to the
same massive system that the Hills is on. Gunnar's Cycle has a shop located
in the club house that is one of the best places in western Canada to locate
various brands of ski wax and other equipment. Gunnar gives good advice,
but is a little heavy on Swix products.

http://www.108resort.com/

There are several motels right in 100 Mile House such as the Red Coach Inn.
It is not as easy to ski right from your door at those locations, but they
are closer to the "action" of downtown 100 Mile. (Ouch!!, I just bit my
tongue.)

How long are you going to be in 100 Mile at the end of January? The Cariboo
Marathon, a 50 km loppet is on February 7th if you're still there. This is
a great citizens' race.

Scott Elliot
http://www3.telus.net/selliot/