Quick release method for lift tickets?

Old September 11th 05, 03:26 AM
Walt

klaus wrote:
AstroPax wrote:

But I'm not surprised you didn't catch that qualifier, after all, you
didn't even know what a gaper was until Walt actually spelled it out
for you.

hey.. it's a second language. I'm trying. Maybe I have more important
things to worry about than pop culture language or "Ebonics". I just
don't end up typing "gaper" that often. Sorry you have to. If you look,
there are better words and they're free. Really. Free. But you're
right.. you showed me.. grrrrrr you knew what a gaper was.. I am sooo
ashamed and embarrassed. What are you gonna teach me next?

[Walt opens dictionary at random]

orpiment - n. a mineral, arsenic trisulfide, usually found in soft
yellow foliated masses, used as pigment

HA! Betcha ya didn't know THAT either!

--
// Walt
//

Old September 11th 05, 04:25 AM
lal_truckee

pigo wrote:

Every reputable source polled after the election confirms that GWB
would have won any recounts or challenges.

Funny thing about elections: for an election to be legitimate, COUNT the
votes. George wins the count, he's president - easy as that. By
short-stopping the count, he's not president - easy as that. He's a
usurper, the beneficiary of a coup orchestrated by Rehnquist.

BTW, your statement above sounds like a quote from a Fox-type phony-news
talking-head show - the evidence refutes it; but evidence is seldom of
interest these days. If you actually cared I'd post the site publishing
the data and review produced by the outfit hired by the newspaper
consortium to gather the data, but since real numbers won't change your
mind I won't bother. Apparently you didn't read the raw data the last
time I posted the site.

So: how's your snow coming along?
Old September 11th 05, 02:52 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 19:30:44 -0600, klaus
wrote:

It's only "odd" to you (and probably a few others) because I didn't
associate "GW" (or Alta) with something negative.

No,not at all. It seemed you just stopped short for some reason.

That's all. I mean you already admitted
you were biased. Straight up. Right? You won't talk about gw. That would
be bias. Period. So I was just filling out your list for you. Since you
can't. And all that.

To the contrary, I've specifically stated that I am an independent.

You specifically said you wouldn't say anthing negative about a sitting
president. That means that you have a bias towards the president,
because you obviouly have no problem slamming "leaders" at other levels.
Just seems odd. And not just to me from what I'v been seeing.

So, being an independent, when was the last time you voted for an
independent?

Regardless, it's obvious that *you* have a definite and documented
*negative* bias towards Bush. PKB pal. PKB.

No, not towards Bush, towards ineptitude.

Here you go. Bush 41 ****ed it up. He should have taken-out Iraq the
first time around. Major screw-up on his part. What a dumbass. How
is that? Not exactly a pro-Bush bias, now is it?

Oh.. ok.. So if I slam Hillary, does that mean I don't have a pro Clinto
bias? Strange logic coming from the republican side right now. Have you
noticed.

I have to? That post in which I used the term "gaper" was probably
the first time I've typed it in years. Not exactly what I would
characterize as "often", now is it?

Ok.. so let's switch to today's word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=bias

How about if a teach you about an asshole named Rocky Anderson?

Never mind. Not enough time in a day for that lesson.

So we're onto Rocky now? Wow.. Sorry, I'm having trouble keeping up.
Everytime it gets a bit Rocky, you pull a Hillary.

-klaus

Old September 11th 05, 03:37 PM
lal_truckee

AstroPax wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:25:33 GMT, lal_truckee
wrote:

Apparently you didn't read the raw data the last
time I posted the site.

So: how's your snow coming along?

Looks like you are the one getting the snow job.

National Opinion Research Center (NORC) at the University of Chicago
http://www.norc.uchicago.edu/fl/

Don't bother if you're statistically illiterate.
Old September 11th 05, 03:46 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 17:41:27 -0600, AstroPax
wrote:

But it's still the fault of President Bush that they didn't get in
quick enough, right?

The Red Cross? No. Rescue workers? Absolutely. As has been said
elsewhere, the 82nd Airborne is able to get anywhere in the world in
18 hours except, apparently, New Orleans.
Old September 11th 05, 03:55 PM
Rich Heimlich

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:08:06 -0600, AstroPax
wrote:

And the federal bureaucracy shares blame too. FEMA has a spotty
response record that goes way, way back. Nothing new.

First, Bush could have gotten troops in there sooner. The facts now
show the Governor did request the troops before the storm, contrary to
what Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly would like the world to know.

Also, Bush appointed Brown to head FEMA and it's his FEMA that failed,
thus, he failed. Again, that FEMA was a failure before does not give
Bush any out. It was up to him to appoint the right people to run it.
FEMA seemed to run just fine the decade before Bush got there.
Old September 11th 05, 03:59 PM
pigo

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
t...

So: how's your snow coming along?

The leaves are a couple of weeks ahead of average. It's been wet and
showery on and off, a good indication if you compare it to hot summer
months going on for another 60 days as is also possible. No
noticeable snow yet that I've seen. I've heard reports of possible
snow in Montana already so not that good, but it's promising so far.

Insert some report of a snowflake somewhere in Utah by some
know-it-all to prove me uninformed here

Old September 11th 05, 05:28 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:

Besides, if someone isn't literate enough to cast a valid vote, maybe
they shouldn't have the right to vote in the first place.

Which amendent is that one in?

Those machines are crap.

-klaus

Old September 11th 05, 07:30 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 08:52:45 -0600, klaus
wrote:

So we're onto Rocky now?

You're the one that asked for it !!!

Oh OK. ****. I thought *I* had ADD.

Just a little info before you start into Rocky. He is the Salt Lake City
Mayor. I am in unincorporated Salt Lake County. I have no vote and no
representation via him. HTH. But if I asked for it, I guess yah gotta
bring it on......

How is the weather down in the lowlands, anyway? I hear the leaves are
early.

Yah know, I thought we were kinda on Katrina.. but run with it. Tell me
all about Rocky. We'll come back around to top level incompetence soon
enough. And learn a bit more about your "biases". It's the word of the
day, "bias". I wonder what tomorrow's word will be. I'm hoping
"incompetence". Second vote for me might be "logic". What's you're vote?
"Clinton?", "Gore", some other proper pronoun.. who's mayor of San
Franscisco??.. that might an an easy target for you. Just guessing. I
have no idea.

Nice weather, huh? Really cold. And the wind is starting to kick up.
Seems like no one is up here. I guess the "gapers" like the warmth of
the valley. Sorry. When I learn a new word, I try to use it for the next
few days. Helps me to remember.

Later.

-klaus

Old September 11th 05, 08:15 PM
klaus

AstroPax wrote:
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:30:25 -0600, klaus
wrote:

Seems like no one is up here.

Funny you should mention that.

I'm on my up to either BCC or LCC (haven't decided yet) later this
afternoon to get some moose shots.

Any recommendations?

Silver Lake, Brighton Loop, sunset, bear left at the fist fork on the
boardwalk as you're walking out to the lake. Hang out 1/2 hour or so by
the first bridge. They tend to skirt east side of the lake and across
the top of the Brighton loop, by the Majestic lift. There may be
significant numbers of people. Plan accordingly. I'd say you have a
fifty/fifty chance. They'll come down from the SE and hang in the water
a while. But I haven't been there in a couple weeks, and things change
quickly. It'll probably be two bulls and a cow. All the velvet is gone.
Molly's is open til 6:00 for beer/drinks at the base of the Mary Lift.
Enjoy. If you go to Molly's, I could be there. Ask the bartender. Say hello.

Good luck.

P.S., just thought I would warn you that an alleged member of the
"vast right-wing conspiracy" would be in the general vicinity of your
neighborhood.

There's no conspiracy, Neither side has the knowledge or guts to
actually put an effective one together.

-klaus