The last Swiss ski maker

Old December 7th 03, 05:37 AM
Beloved Leader

Default The last Swiss ski maker

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissin...05&sid=4521754

Once upon a time, Switzerland was home to a number of ski
manufacturers, but only one is still in operation today.

Established in 1935, the family-run Stöckli company in canton Lucerne
is content to remain a small-scale business.

Old December 7th 03, 07:09 AM
lal truckee

Beloved Leader wrote:

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissin...05&sid=4521754

Once upon a time, Switzerland was home to a number of ski
manufacturers, but only one is still in operation today.

Established in 1935, the family-run Stöckli company in canton Lucerne
is content to remain a small-scale business.

I miss Authier. Finest skis ever.

Old December 7th 03, 05:02 PM
Robert Swindells

lal_truckee wrote:
Beloved Leader wrote:

http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissin...05&sid=4521754

Once upon a time, Switzerland was home to a number of ski
manufacturers, but only one is still in operation today.

Established in 1935, the family-run Stöckli company in canton Lucerne
is content to remain a small-scale business.

I miss Authier. Finest skis ever.

Yup.

Italy seems to be able to support several smaller ski manufacturers.

There are links to some from Vist's website in addition to Vist
themselves.

Robert Swindells

Old December 7th 03, 05:08 PM
AstroPax

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:09:00 CST, lal truckee
wrote:

//snip//

I miss Authier. Finest skis ever.

Yea, I had a pair of those back in the early 80's. I seem to remember
that they were really good, durable skis.

"The Authier Story":

http://www.calskico.com/authier.htm

-Astro

Old December 8th 03, 05:38 AM
ant

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
om...
http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissin...05&sid=4521754

Once upon a time, Switzerland was home to a number of ski
manufacturers, but only one is still in operation today.

Established in 1935, the family-run Stöckli company in canton Lucerne
is content to remain a small-scale business.

ssshhhh.
They make the best skis! No mass production, no machines, no out sourcing to
China. Just good, honest skis. And no special race line. Stockli race ski
are... race skis. punter and racer alike get the same ski. And win on them.

ant

Old December 9th 03, 03:39 AM
lal_truckee

AstroPax wrote:

On Sun, 7 Dec 2003 02:09:00 CST, lal truckee
wrote:

//snip//

I miss Authier. Finest skis ever.

Yea, I had a pair of those back in the early 80's. I seem to remember
that they were really good, durable skis.

We had a bunch of them. I eventually had 3 pairs of the Zubi SLs in 201
- skied them so much even Authiers softened up; kid had a pair of the
SL; wife had the green ones (forget what they were called.) I also had
two pairs of the GS, including one of the black on black top skin GS
skis Authier only made a dozen or so of as color test skis before
switching to the orange-brown GS top skin for the production run.

"The Authier Story":

http://www.calskico.com/authier.htm

Yep. That's where I got them, except the first pair of SLs - when that
first pair started to break down I was in despair - couldn't afford to
replace them, but Dan at CalSkiCo set me up again, and I've been a fan
of CalSkiCo ever since. Only real ski shop left in the Bay Area
flatlands. Really. If you're a North California flatlander it's the only
place to go.

Old December 9th 03, 05:57 AM
John

"ant" wrote in message ...
"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
om...
http://www.swissinfo.org/sen/swissin...05&sid=4521754

Once upon a time, Switzerland was home to a number of ski
manufacturers, but only one is still in operation today.

Established in 1935, the family-run Stöckli company in canton Lucerne
is content to remain a small-scale business.

ssshhhh.
They make the best skis! No mass production, no machines, no out sourcing to
China. Just good, honest skis. And no special race line. Stockli race ski
are... race skis. punter and racer alike get the same ski. And win on them.

ant

If you can handle a "real race ski" (i.e. you are 225 pounds and
jacked) then you can get one for free from someones rep. Stockli does
make good skis, but they aren't different from getting any other good
race ski. By the way even if the rep won't give you one for free I
can get you a some real fisher race skis shipped in from Austria.

DIY Swiss Rail Tickets Simon Brown European Ski Resorts 4 November 15th 04 04:34 PM
Money Maker AL B Marketplace 0 March 10th 04 03:43 PM
FS: Telemark Swiss army surplus skis/poles/skins GR Nordic Skiing 0 December 29th 03 01:06 AM
NAGANO'98 Swiss Cross Country Ski Team & Casa Italia VAIL'89 Pins On eBay naipran Alpine Skiing 0 December 6th 03 05:07 AM
Quickest route Geneva airport to Val D'Isere Greg Hilton European Ski Resorts 20 November 28th 03 12:02 PM