it

Old June 13th 13, 06:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default it

On Wed, 12 Jun 2013 20:36:29 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

On 06/12/2013 08:59 AM, lal_truckee wrote:

On 6/10/13 11:33 PM, The Real Bev wrote:

My new boots are too big, but maybe I can fix them -- I have some gasket
cork.

Try plastic sheeting - cork breaks down quickly. When the kids were
younger and constant refitting was in order I experimented a lot.

I use some ~1mm and ~2mm thick printed plastic signage I found discarded
- flexible, tough but easy to cut, lasts forever. I think they were
intended for booth signage at job fairs and such. One (wo)man's discards
are another (wo)man's treasures.

I hadn't thought of that. Maybe those "Got Junk?" signs, which seem to
have disappeared. Or the things that kids buy to make dioramas and crap
because their teachers think it's some kind of valuable experience or at
least keeps the little *******s busy for a while...

Ask Trunky if he has a left over, "Will whine for food," sign laying
around. He only needs one even though he stands on many street
corners asking for food and spare change.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old June 15th 13, 01:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

The Real Bev wrote:
The fat son of a bitch drove people away, and they should be ashamed
of themselves for abandoning something that's way better than what
they traded it for.

It's not fat guy, but ALL his enablers that are responsable for the demise of
this group. If everyone that now constantly posts to and about him would just
block him, then we could have a usable group. But no, they are too weak to let
him go. Somehow, they seem to keep thinking that THEY will get him to see the
error of his ways. Only they can end the flamefest.

Old June 15th 13, 02:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, June 14, 2013 7:38:20 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

It's not fat guy, but ALL his enablers that are responsable for the demise of

this group. If everyone that now constantly posts to and about him would just

block him, then we could have a usable group.

Not entirely true. I don't read any of it's posts or entire threads that it starts. I only get the opportunity to respond to "trends" in posts that I do see. Were more people to block trunky, the quantity would go down. But there are still plenty of things wrong with the world that would cause discussion of one of the biggest losers of all time that just happens to be our own private retard. That doesn't make any of us respons*i*ble for it's behavior.
Old June 15th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Goober Jones

Horse****. By the way, why didn't you follow your own advice with tiecheese?
Do as I say, not as I do?
Old June 15th 13, 03:14 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/14/2013 07:36 PM, pigo wrote:

On Friday, June 14, 2013 7:38:20 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

It's not fat guy, but ALL his enablers that are responsable for
the demise of this group. If everyone that now constantly posts to
and about him would just

block him, then we could have a usable group.

Not entirely true. I don't read any of it's posts or entire threads
that it starts. I only get the opportunity to respond to "trends" in
posts that I do see. Were more people to block trunky, the quantity
would go down. But there are still plenty of things wrong with the
world that would cause discussion of one of the biggest losers of
all time that just happens to be our own private retard. That
doesn't make any of us respons*i*ble for it's behavior.

No, but the fact that some of us are not able to avoid responding to him
keeps him here. No idea what would happen if everybody killfiled him,
but it probably wouldn't be all that bad.

If I can do it, so can others. I'm not sorry I joined in the flamefest,
but I wish I hadn't. Strange, huh?

--
Cheers, Bev
Paranoid schizophrenics outnumber their enemies at least two to one.
Old June 15th 13, 05:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On 06/14/2013 07:36 PM, pigo wrote:

On Friday, June 14, 2013 7:38:20 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

It's not fat guy, but ALL his enablers that are responsable for
the demise of this group. If everyone that now constantly posts to
and about him would just

block him, then we could have a usable group.

Not entirely true. I don't read any of it's posts or entire threads
that it starts. I only get the opportunity to respond to "trends" in
posts that I do see. Were more people to block trunky, the quantity
would go down. But there are still plenty of things wrong with the
world that would cause discussion of one of the biggest losers of
all time that just happens to be our own private retard. That
doesn't make any of us respons*i*ble for it's behavior.

You are one of the worst offenders. So you are.

Old June 15th 13, 01:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Friday, June 14, 2013 11:19:23 PM UTC-6, Bob F wrote:

You are one of the worst offenders. So you are.

When was the last time I responded to anything it wrote? Years. That's because I don't see any of it. But I do see what people write if all attributions are removed. What % of the total that is? I don't know. But small I am assuming. I wouldn't have this opportunity to make fun of it if you hadn't provided it.

Old June 15th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On 2013-06-13 03:31:45 +0000, The Real Bev said:

Since you've been using facebook, if you actually are, how many *new*

people -- no usenet connection at all -- have you met and interacted

with? We're not teenagers. We're not trying to see how many scalps we

can collect.

Facebook is not the only social media site. Usenet is still pretty

much 1978 technology, and it has dropped in popularity with the rise of

social media sites. RSAM was created in 2003 with something like 330

or more votes, and it really hasn't been used because people rather go

to more multi faceted social media sites, whether it is Facebook or

Google Plus.

I used Facebook mainly to keep in touch with a couple activity

groups, like swimming, backcountry skiing, mountaineering etc.

Skiing is discussed here, even with Scooters tinfoil hat rantings

and screaming about getting into his bat**** insane mobile. Skiing

will continue to be discussed, but for the people who tried to stay out

of the troubles, I think it can be a better experience and attract more

posters by starting a web group or one via a social media site.

The trickle of volume of posters here compare to the days of free AOL

discs in the 1990s, is more of a sign of the problem of Usenet in

general.

Wack Job, YOU are the problem with Usenet. Here, let me indulge in some insane drivel.
You claimed to be working with SPD to jail me for life for the crime of
exposing you as a stalking, deranged pathological liar.
Contact info? Name and rank.
Oooooops, that's insane, right?
Here's more. You swore under oath that I had threatened your life.
Show the post, Ted.

Yes, Scooter, I am glad finally someone sees the main culprit for
Usenet's decline: Me. I am the reason that ISPs have been dropping Usenet
from their servers. I am the reason why Duke University dropped Usenet,
even though they are the ones that created the nntp network protocol. I am
the reason why the sucking up bandwidth by binaries group has made ISPs
questioning for years in keeping Usenet. I am the reason that Microsoft
dropped their Usenet groups, or stopped supporting them. I am the problem.
Whew that is a relief.

Live Journal, blogs, and social media software has probably done more
damage to Usenet than the whole PRON binaries and illegal movies put in
bits on the Usenet.

For those who are not mentally ill and want to have a nice place to
discuss skiing, I do think energy should be put into a social media ski
group, where it is easier to post picture, videos and hello do livestreams
than keeping up with the nntp protocol. RSAM is a good idea, but I do
think it is better to switch from Usenet over to a the Internet, given that
Usenet has been strangled slowly for years, with the ISPs and even some
State governments wanting to curtail it, (ie New York State)

I am typing this non sensical and diabolical post from an iPad, to show
how much technology changes, and in some ways, I am thinking for those who
have tried to keep out of the troubles to make the ski discussion group
better. I just don't think much effort should be made to keep up RSAM, as
much as go for a web based discussion group.
Old June 15th 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 2013-06-13 03:31:45 +0000, The Real Bev said:

Since you've been using facebook, if you actually are, how many *new*
people -- no usenet connection at all -- have you met and interacted
with? We're not teenagers. We're not trying to see how many scalps we
can collect.

Facebook is not the only social media site. Usenet is still pretty
much 1978 technology, and it has dropped in popularity with the rise of
social media sites.

And the number of children on the net. Still, when I asked fellow
lift-riders what they knew about usenet 20 years ago, I got not a single
correct answer. The best I got was "Is that like a forum?"

RSAM was created in 2003 with something like 330
or more votes, and it really hasn't been used because people rather go
to more multi faceted social media sites, whether it is Facebook or
Google Plus.

Google Plus is absolutely useless. The only people I "know" who are
actually using it (and I'm 'connected' with at least a dozen people) are
Fernando and one of my son's friends from school. Facebook is better
because of the guy who invented Social Fixer, which was called something
like Better Facebook until Facebook objected.

I used Facebook mainly to keep in touch with a couple activity
groups, like swimming, backcountry skiing, mountaineering etc.

Skiing is discussed here, even with Scooters tinfoil hat rantings
and screaming about getting into his bat**** insane mobile. Skiing
will continue to be discussed, but for the people who tried to stay out
of the troubles, I think it can be a better experience and attract more
posters by starting a web group or one via a social media site.

The trickle of volume of posters here compare to the days of free AOL
discs in the 1990s, is more of a sign of the problem of Usenet in
general.

Not to mention the current political system :-)

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old June 15th 13, 06:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 6/14/13 6:38 PM, Bob F wrote:

ALL his enablers that are responsable for the demise of
this group.

Lots of groups survive the onslaught of a loony of three. They survive
by ostracizing the loony.
It's simple; don't respond to the loony's posts. Post on topic.
We could try it, again. It worked for awhile last time we seriously tried.