Pain in left forearm after starting boarding

Old March 3rd 04, 10:05 AM
David Yasli

Default Pain in left forearm after starting boarding

Ralph Kent wrote:

Hello all

I started boarding about 10 days ago and am loving it. However, as a
former skier I am noticing its taking a lot more out of my 31 year old
body. One injury that doesn't seem to be going away is in my left
forearm. I thought to begin with this was just a product of it being
tired from constantly pushing me up onto my heelside edge, and that it
would go away. Now I'm starting to wonder if I've either lightly
fractured it in a fall (don't recall anything too major) or
alternatively its tendonitis. I have booked to see the doctor on
Wednesday, I was just wondering if I could pick the brains of people
who've been doing it for longer than me and might have experienced
similar. Pain only really manifests itself when I try to grip
something tight, or try to rotate my forearm. No visible bruising or
swelling on the forearm, so clearly not badly broken (if at all).

many thanks

hi,

i had the same problem after starting to jump and falling on my left arm
a lot.
i could not really lift my arm too high or grab things tightly.
i also had problems turning it or moving it to my back.

but after a few weeks it was totally gone...for me it was just that i
fell on it a little too often and to hard.

david
Old March 4th 04, 01:57 PM
PacketMan

"Ralph Kent" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Does this affect your ability to jerk off, dude?! I've been snowboarding
for 15 years but ****, I'd quit in a second if I thought I could get an
injury like that! Anybody want to buy an autographed PacketMan board? I
can't put my jerking off in jeprody for something like snowboarding.

Old March 6th 04, 10:29 PM
Jef350

I think it's tennis elbow..or golfers elbow
i had the same problem. And it is caused by pushing yourself up to your feet.
Check the web...you can get a shot of cortizone to help. Once you get better
you won't be pushing yourself up so much,
because you won't be falling. Also I buckle in now standing up, after getting
off
the lift.
Old March 7th 04, 05:16 PM
Ralph Kent

Yep - doctor confirmed it was a form of tendonitis, so I suppose
similar to golfers / tennis elbow - she prescribed some voltarene
which is an anti-inflammatory gel. I'm sure it was just pushing
myself up with my arms twisting around that did it, thanks for all
your advice.
Old April 2nd 04, 02:53 PM
Stephan Schulz

In article , Ralph
Kent wrote:
Hello all

I started boarding about 10 days ago and am loving it. However, as a
former skier I am noticing its taking a lot more out of my 31 year old
body. One injury that doesn't seem to be going away is in my left
forearm.

I'm getting the same if I'm to lazy of reaching all the way down to
close my Flows, and instead only hook the lever with my finger
tips. It goes away if I stop doing that for a day or two...

Bye,

Stephan

--
Please email me as (Stephan Schulz)