Planet Subzero

Old March 25th 04, 07:23 PM
Steve

Default Planet Subzero

Hi

I have come across a company called Planet Subzero who run Chalets in
France. Does anyone have any experience with this company. I arent too
sure about parting with 2 grand without seeing if there any good or
not.

Im looking to spend next season in the Alps so any suggestions would
be good.

see the link http://www.planetsubzero.com

Cheers
Old March 26th 04, 10:11 AM
Barney

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Hi

I have come across a company called Planet Subzero who run Chalets in
France. Does anyone have any experience with this company. I arent too
sure about parting with 2 grand without seeing if there any good or
not.

Im looking to spend next season in the Alps so any suggestions would
be good.

see the link http://www.planetsubzero.com

Yeah, I went with them last year. I spent a month in Vallandry in Les Arcs.
There'd been a bit of a mess-up with one of the chalets, so me and my
work-mate Keith ended up in an apartment, which turned out to be in a better
location - we could actually board in and board out, and we were right next
to the pub! The chalets were dead nice, there was a good mix of people, and
Steph (who runs it) was really helpful.

I'm not sure I'd do it again, mainly cos I got tired after a couple of
weeks, and I didn't really have the energy to enjoy the last couple of
weeks. I guess if you do a season, you'd get more into the flow of it all.
But it was great waking up and knowing that the only thing you really had to
do all day was ride. The run from the Arc 2000 back down to Vallandry was
great fun, and we did that almost every day as a last run.

The night life in Vallandry ain't the best, though. I still have nightmares
about the music in the Dutch bar there...

Old March 30th 04, 01:10 PM
Keith

see the link http://www.planetsubzero.com

I'm not sure I'd do it again, mainly cos I got tired after a couple of
weeks, and I didn't really have the energy to enjoy the last couple of
weeks. I guess if you do a season, you'd get more into the flow of it all.
But it was great waking up and knowing that the only thing you really had

do all day was ride. The run from the Arc 2000 back down to Vallandry was
great fun, and we did that almost every day as a last run.

I agree! Didn't have the time to do it this year, though

The night life in Vallandry ain't the best, though. I still have

nightmares
about the music in the Dutch bar there...

Yeesh. Dancing on tables to the fast food song, and quarter-pints of beer in
half-pint glasses. Nightmarish place, although Arc 1800 has reasonable bars
and clubs, and it's a 10-minute (drunk, pitch-black) run back down to
Vallandry.

I'd happily do a month again with them.

Keith

Old March 30th 04, 02:07 PM
Barney

"Keith" wrote in message
see the link http://www.planetsubzero.com

I'm not sure I'd do it again, mainly cos I got tired after a couple of
weeks, and I didn't really have the energy to enjoy the last couple of
weeks. I guess if you do a season, you'd get more into the flow of it

all.
But it was great waking up and knowing that the only thing you really

had
do all day was ride. The run from the Arc 2000 back down to Vallandry

was
great fun, and we did that almost every day as a last run.

I agree! Didn't have the time to do it this year, though

Didn't have time?? You were there for two weeks, and you couldn't fit in a
10 minute run?? Or have you slowed down too much? ;-)

Old March 31st 04, 12:57 PM
Keith

The run from the Arc 2000 back down to Vallandry
was
great fun, and we did that almost every day as a last run.

I agree! Didn't have the time to do it this year, though

Didn't have time?? You were there for two weeks, and you couldn't fit in a
10 minute run?? Or have you slowed down too much? ;-)

I was too busy showing the rest of the group around! I did bend Piste des
Bosses and Ecureils to my will though, so not too bad a showing

Keith