Console Snowboarding Games

Old March 12th 04, 02:11 AM
Tom Holmes

Default Console Snowboarding Games

I am thinking of buying a new console. What are the snowboarding games like.
I have played Amped at TRU before and that looks good. But whats available
on the PS2 and the GC?

I get bored of those basically racing game type snowboard games. I want a
park to jib and bonk down.

I had a Saturn and that a game called Steep Slope Sliders that was fun but
my Dreamcast has this hideous snowboarding game called Rippin Riders...I
would want to aviod anything like that.

Tom Holmes

Old March 12th 04, 02:33 PM
Keith

"Tom Holmes" wrote in message
I am thinking of buying a new console. What are the snowboarding games

like.
I have played Amped at TRU before and that looks good. But whats available
on the PS2 and the GC?

There's the SSX series on the PS2.

I get bored of those basically racing game type snowboard games. I want a
park to jib and bonk down.

I've got SSX Tricky (i.e. SSX 2) and it features plenty of over-the-top
special moves and the like, along with straightforward races. A friend of
mine loves it; I could take it or leave it. It's a lot more 'arcadey' than
Amped.

A guy I used to work with was part of the SSX3 development team, and he
swears that its one of the best games he's ever worked on. I haven't played
it myself, but he's an old game development hand and I'd trust him to be on
the money.

Hope this helps,
Keith

Old March 12th 04, 03:45 PM
DMignon

true, there is no game like ssx3. I have all 3 games and I love them. They
make me want to pot no my snowboard boots when I play them. SSX3 is just
amazing. All the tracks are connected, and when you unlock them , you can
play more and more of them together up to a 30 minutes stage going from the
top of the third mountain to the bottom of the first!!! The thing with these
games are that they are fun- not realistic like games like Amped.Your going
to love the movement on the snow/ice and all the cool stuff you can unlock
on this game. I vote for ssx3 the best snowboarding game I've ever played.
here is a link to the officialsite, where you can see a lot of demo movies:
http://www.easportsbig.com/games/ssx3/home.jsp

and this is the fan site:

http://www.merqurycity.com/

Old March 12th 04, 06:54 PM
wacopaco

I'd have to say that Amped 2 is the best snowboard game out there at the
moment. If you're looking for a realistic snowboard game that makes you
wanna go out and ride, AMPED 2 is the best bet. I've played SSX2 and SSX3,
both decent games but the racing and the missions are just too out of this
world. They're fun to master but it ain't snowboarding (especially the
clicking out of the board and spinning the board around your head special
moves). I've also tried Transworld snowboarding but that was like a rip off
of tony hawk on snowboards. The trick system is a little quirky and takes
getting used to. AMPED 2 is by far the best game out there. It features real
mountains, real boards and real tricks. Although the game play isn't about
"free riding" the parks are huge and the amount of tricks you can do
anywhere on the mountain is unlimited. Also, the gameplay is about you
trying to earn sponsors and complete photoshoots as well as completing
objectives. I'd say the out of all these games, AMPED 2 has got the best
graphics and the best control and the best game play.

I haven't tried 1080 avalanche on the GC yet, but I'll do that soon.

Get AMPED2, its the best way to go

stu

Old March 17th 04, 09:42 AM
David Brown :o\)

Any decent ones for PC?

Cheers

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack

Old March 18th 04, 10:49 PM
Bert Root

Prior to the stampede David Brown ) tryped

Any decent ones for PC?

Somebody please answer this one as I have scoured the net for them with no
joy. Best one I got was for a Nokia 6100 phone called, funnily enough
snowboard.jar that you could emulate on a PC though it plays much better on
the phone.

--
((((º Bert Root® º))))

Old March 22nd 04, 01:46 AM
Tom Holmes

Well, there really aren't any of major note, I have Boarder Zone which is
nice to look at...it is OK, the trick system is a little hit and miss but
once you get the hang of it it is entertaining. You would have to look
around for a used copy these days it has been out a few years. Ironically it
was called Supreme Snowboarding when it was being developed..it was meant to
come out for the DreamCast and the PC, the DreamCast version got canned
though.

Hope that helps.