torrent - download question

Old August 27th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Default torrent - download question

So.... I've finally gotten around to figuring out how to download videos
again through torrents.

I used the bitcomet program and downloaded the vasaloppet 2006 video.

But, the only way i can play the video is through the bitcomet program... !

I tried to pull it up and watch in windows media player but no luck.

Whats the deal? Is this the norm? Can I burn a copy of the video and give
it to a friend to watch? Or will he have to download bitcomet to watch it
off a CD??

Help !

JK

Old August 28th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

32 degrees wrote:
So.... I've finally gotten around to figuring out how to download videos
again through torrents.

I used the bitcomet program and downloaded the vasaloppet 2006 video.

But, the only way i can play the video is through the bitcomet program... !

I tried to pull it up and watch in windows media player but no luck.

Whats the deal? Is this the norm? Can I burn a copy of the video and give
it to a friend to watch? Or will he have to download bitcomet to watch it
off a CD??

Help !

JK

Preferences/Task/Download You can specify where you want to place the video.
Mine goes into My Documents and into a new folder I called My Torrents.
When I click on the file in My Torrents it plays in WMP

Old August 29th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

There is probably some preference in WMP to set which files are opened
with WMP vs. other programs. Sounds like whatever bittorrent client you
installed decided to take over media file playing duties for you.

Should be able to open the file in:

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

VLC supports a wide range of codecs. The UI is kind of quirky at times
but I find it works well.